+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ATTACK

Author Topic: ATTACK  (Read 1881 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
ATTACK
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:38 PM »

I read comments from Graham saying that he was happy with our pre season but we need to make sure we get 11 men behind the ball as often as we can, NO that was last season, bloody attack. Barrow did it tonight, STOP GIVING BIG TEAMS RESPECT, there is not much difference between part time and full time. Definately not in fitness, we tend to end games stronger mainly due to the fact we are chasing but it still shows gas in the tanks. All the fans want attacking footy so lets have it. Also whats this about bringing everyone back on corners, we must at least leave someone like Senior or Little on half way line that takes two players out of our box straight away. I didn't see the barrow game, but I hope Carlos played well !!! Anyway come on Alty for tomorrow, bloody go at them. I would still start with Senior, so he can tire them out !!!!

Alty365

Re: ATTACK
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »

Carlos was his usual indifferent self but I totally agree with everything else you say here. We must attack every team we play at home without exception. By all means tighten up against bigger teams away from home, but we should be aiming to attack in every game we play at Moss Lane.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »

Carlos was his usual indifferent self but I totally agree with everything else you say here. We must attack every team we play at home without exception. By all means tighten up against bigger teams away from home, but we should be aiming to attack in every game we play at Moss Lane.

couldn't have said it better, this year we've got the ability to get at teams and score bags of goals. lets not waste it.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »

He never said we should get 11 men behind the ball.

He said that we have 11 people back on corners, each with a job to do.

If we go to the higher placed teams and attack, we will get picked off and beaten 3-0 every time.

Attack at home, get what we can away with the exception of the teams around us.

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 01:31:47 AM »

today we shuld attack if it doesnt work attack barrow on tuesday. then reassess before attacking on next saturday

or why did we buy all these forwards???????????????????

garlic bread is dead attacking football is the future

JT

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

I would still start with Senior, so he can tire them out !!!!

Would people rather see Senior start and have a go at defences then or come on as like a super-sub with long enough in the game left to make an impact at tired defences??

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »

I would still start with Senior, so he can tire them out !!!!

Would people rather see Senior start and have a go at defences then or come on as like a super-sub with long enough in the game left to make an impact at tired defences??

i'd definetley go with what you said.
a johnson/little partnership just seems right, little's finishing and johnson's holding up ability.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ATTACK