PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BRING ON THE MACC TOWN !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: BRING ON THE MACC TOWN !!!  (Read 8216 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BRING ON THE MACC TOWN !!!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »

I HATE Macc the fixtures are a disgrace after waiting so long, cant do much about it so bring them on!!!

Red robin

Re:dont forget FC UTD
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 07:00:13 PM »

FC UTD R ON THE UP THAT WILL BE ANOTHER DERBY

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »

There's two generations of supporters been spawned since the clubs last played each other in a league or proper cup game. There's a few significant moments I can recall watching Alty that have been to painful and disappointing for something that your supposed to do for fun. When they went into the football league on the same day we were relegated to the unibond after spending much of the previous two decades below us really took some getting over. I hope we beat them twice and send them on their way back to their natural level. One of the original clubs that grossly overspent with terrible and ridiculous consequences just to get the football league place. And I won't shed a tear if they drop straight through. Bring it on
Grossly overspent with terrible consequences it's nearly 20 years later and they're just back to there natural level

Their chairmans still dead though...

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »

Fair point

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 07:21:33 PM »

Surely they are no more on the up than 3 years ago granted they now have own ground so they are on up of field

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 12:28:03 AM »

Surely they are no more on the up than 3 years ago granted they now have own ground so they are on up of field
Most of their "supporters" will be pissing off to Salford City.....they've bottled two consecutive playoffs. To be pitied rather than feared I'm afraid.

CountyFan

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »

I think you might be disappointed, we've played the Milkies quite a lot in recent years and they're not exactly a hostile bunch these days. They bring similar numbers to what you brought to Edgeley Park but they never made the noise that you did, they're mostly old dears who spend half the game knitting and there's about a dozen daft kids who you can't really hear because one of them has a drum and he drowns out his 11 mates.
Cheers for that, although the though of no actual hostilities i am sure is on everyones agenda. Rivalry singing and being bitter yes, hostilities no.
I don't mean aggro but a derby game should have some kind of edge but it was never really the case when we played them, what I'm saying is I think they've changed

catherinestreet

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

To all you older supporters I need say no more than this is HUGE for us. Possibly the most anticipated derby game for 15 years or more. To all you yoof supporters, if you can recall the derby games against Northwich, you have seen nothing yet. This IS the derby game to end all derbies. This will be the first fixture I will be looking out for at 3.00pm today.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This with nobs on!! It will be great to get that feeling again - the one when we've beaten them in a meaningful match. Each side believes they're the bigger of the two outfits - but only we are correct.

Absolutely correct. Apart from playing at a higher level for the last twenty years, having a better ground, being full time and having bigger crowds, Macc are a smaller club than Alty.

But only if you discount all four things mentioned above.  :P

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 06:32:31 PM »

To all you older supporters I need say no more than this is HUGE for us. Possibly the most anticipated derby game for 15 years or more. To all you yoof supporters, if you can recall the derby games against Northwich, you have seen nothing yet. This IS the derby game to end all derbies. This will be the first fixture I will be looking out for at 3.00pm today.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This with nobs on!! It will be great to get that feeling again - the one when we've beaten them in a meaningful match. Each side believes they're the bigger of the two outfits - but only we are correct.

Absolutely correct. Apart from playing at a higher level for the last twenty years, having a better ground, being full time and having bigger crowds, Macc are a smaller club than Alty.

Yes but look where you are now?
@AltyDaz

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 07:18:06 PM »

They can't be that fantastic or you wouldn't keep coming creeping around our forum. Bet you wish you were an Alty fan don't you?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »

Its probably a bit more entertaining on here than the three posts a week Macc forum.

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »

Macc are approaching their natural level.  Just a couple more downwards steps to go!

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »

The stands will be rocking in a couple of years for the big local derby with Leek  ::)

Baldrick

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »

Muttley Mclad was really a scouser called Tristan  ::)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 07:12:00 AM »

Eddie sh*t is also a scouser, but he didn't hide it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BRING ON THE MACC TOWN !!!