PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 wrexham fans..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: wrexham fans..  (Read 8385 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: wrexham fans..
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »

That's good news then thanks darren
ParkINson's red and white army

Butty

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »

I was actually quite surprised not to see any police on duty today- is that £2000 figure mentioned for the whole lot to be there or is that just for a few officers (for the future)? I always thought that for games with 'big' crowds expected, there would be 2 or 3 officers at the game

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »

Around £2000 is for Minimum of a sergeant and 6 police officers bank holiday rate and we didn't have any police last season either.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:32:55 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »

I Was in the main stand,it was the first game i left at half time.i felt so scared for our safety.When the idiot ran down the stairs to confront Kenny,no one stopped the verble abuse. When the police followed the idiots, into the stand, the Wrexham fans sided with him,  they backed off.
After the police left, the idiots had a free hand,Most of them had being drinking, and how do they get into the main stand when they get in thru the standing turnstile, More should be done to check people into the main stand.

A bit of context wouldn't go amiss here pal.

I did Darren's job for over twenty years and I know exactly how difficult it is when both teams are in the same colours. Whilst standing by the Golf Road turnstiles I heard a number of the Wrexham fans, when questioned, quoting addresses and postcodes in Altrincham so what grounds would we have for not allowing them access?

The Police would not have 'backed off' as you put it, neither would they deliberately go and look to inflame a situation. I would also say that as the Police didn't leave until after the final whistle when the stand had fairly much emptied the 'idiots' wouldn't have had a free hand for very long.

Might I suggest that you get in touch with the Club and see if you can shadow someone involved with the stewarding provision. Maybe then you will, as I suggested, develop a bit of context.

bumble

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 12:54:03 AM »

I'd just like to add, not every fan wears the team shirt/team clothing - so even if teams were wearing complelelty opposing colours they could Simplely not wear colours of their teams and walk through -  it's never full proof.

If they've gone to the trouble to think of an address suggests that they may have attempted and done this before

It's a shame quite a bit of the talk today has been about those few (in compirasom to the number of non trouble makers ) who came for a fight

I heard there had been trouble before the kick off involving Wrexham FC

wrecsamdraig

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 11:10:56 AM »

Alty are my "second" team as I live in Altrincham, and have for a number of years. However, "home" is Wrexham and I am a season ticket holder there.

It may not be much, but I want to offer my heartfelt apologies to the fans and officials at Altrincham FC for the behaviour of a small number of yobs who deign to call themselves football fans. Alty is one of the friendliest clubs you can hope to visit and the behaviour of Wrexham fans yesterday was totally unacceptable. My apology is on behalf of all true Wrexham fans who were equally appalled by the behaviour yesterday.

Chris

markecky

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 11:52:11 AM »

Alty are my "second" team as I live in Altrincham, and have for a number of years. However, "home" is Wrexham and I am a season ticket holder there.

It may not be much, but I want to offer my heartfelt apologies to the fans and officials at Altrincham FC for the behaviour of a small number of yobs who deign to call themselves football fans. Alty is one of the friendliest clubs you can hope to visit and the behaviour of Wrexham fans yesterday was totally unacceptable. My apology is on behalf of all true Wrexham fans who were equally appalled by the behaviour yesterday.

Chris

Thanks for taking the time to post.  We arent daft enough to think that all Wrexhams fans are like that.

What saddens me most is that nearly everyone knows that Alty dont have any "lads" and the clubs like York and Luton who have the ablity to get a firm together never bother at Alty 'cos their is no pride in leathering 10 people who dont want to fight.

Its been 15 years since we've had people in the home end and I hope its fifteen years until we see them again.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »

Yes, thanks Chris. I vividly remember the first visit Wrexham made to Moss Lane after they came down. The Chequers end was packed, and the singing and atmosphere from the fans gathered there was electric. It was also a brilliant game of football (a 1-1 draw not many of us expected !).

That memory was sullied for me yesterday by the actions of a small group of cretins - but I know that it was an isolated incident, and look forward to your next visit with no fear of a repeat.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »

There were plenty of opposition supporters in 'good voice', but no more than a few idiots.....to determine who is who before the game is virtually impossible.......the stewards dealt with it and should be applauded.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ruthinred

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »

if its any consolation , I doubt we will be visiting for a fair while now

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »

Yes at least 12 months, we will probably play stockport county next new year

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:05 PM »

No, no Pete - you misunderstand ! See the main site. Dean Keates thinks Wrexham are capable of automatic promotion ! Must have caught serious delusion-itis from Saunders. We've seen AFCW and Crawley (and to a lesser extent Luton) already this season. Mr.Keates - all I can say is "dream on", because Wrexham are nowhere near to that standard.

markecky

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »

Wrexham have more chance of going down than up.

Everyone knows our current problems and a neutral wouldnt have seen much between the two sides yesterday if you balance their good start with our good finish.

And it want our best performance of the season by a long way..

Mikeyb1987

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 08:33:57 PM »

That sort of behaviour, thankfully, is a rarity at this level of football, as most will happily stand side by side (and exchange banter/insults) for 90 minutes having had a pint in the bar before the game and probably on the same tram/bus/train after the game. Idiots like that give an entire club a bad reputation though.

I highly doubt I'll be making the return trip next season though - we're more likely to end up playing Droylsden or someone like that!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »

I suppose Mr Keates is being positive and rallying the troops......Wrexham on yesterday's showing are way off the pace. Full time and poor in several areas. Luton and Wimbledon were far superior sides (as were R&D)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 wrexham fans..