PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover docked 12pts & receive £40k fine!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dover docked 12pts & receive £40k fine!  (Read 6451 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dover docked 12pts & receive £40k fine!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 11:16:50 PM »

Dover do seem to have  a lack of self-awareness of how their posturing comes across. As chairman Parmenter did say he would not pay any fines, maybe that's how he plans how to afford Williamson and Miller's wages.

Further along the south coast, I am happy to see Jack Pearce become the new National League chairman.  When I lived in Sussex in the eighties, he was already a long serving manager at Bognor Regis Town, and has been very successful in the decades he has been there. It's probably a good thing that somebody associated mostly with a lower level has got this job, as a lot of clubs in National North and South have been unhappy with the way the league has been run, although, in contrast to Dover, some of them wanted to play on when they were forced to stop.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 01:20:51 PM »

Dover do seem to have  a lack of self-awareness of how their posturing comes across. As chairman Parmenter did say he would not pay any fines, maybe that's how he plans how to afford Williamson and Miller's wages.

Further along the south coast, I am happy to see Jack Pearce become the new National League chairman.  When I lived in Sussex in the eighties, he was already a long serving manager at Bognor Regis Town, and has been very successful in the decades he has been there. It's probably a good thing that somebody associated mostly with a lower level has got this job, as a lot of clubs in National North and South have been unhappy with the way the league has been run, although, in contrast to Dover, some of them wanted to play on when they were forced to stop.

I don't think there's any lack of self-awareness. They just don't give a sh*t.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »

The Dover owner has been on the NL board for long enough to know he's going to get away with it.
Chicanery and sh**housery of the highest order imho.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dover docked 12pts & receive £40k fine!