PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Expansion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Stadium Expansion  (Read 16831 times)

Knutsford Alty

Re: Stadium Expansion
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »

Why dont we go for the full experience and bring in Ken

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 04:59:24 PM »

'cos he is, bearing in mind the law and my lack of cash for an out of court settlement, a rogue...

Other people, certainly not I m'lud, accuse him of all sorts of things.

I saw him in an opticians in Knutsford many many years ago. Chelsea were playing City that weekend so new glasses may have made it easier for him to see the brown paper bags being handed across in the gloom. Or not.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:01:07 PM by York Alty »

Robin Reliant

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »

Some say.......... ;)

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »

we should follow Mike Connett's lead and combine a football ground with a marina;

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:15:15 PM by Jezza »

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »

we should follow Mike Connett's lead and combine a football ground with a marina;

Brodie would love that ! He could really hone his diving skills..............

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »

any improvement to the ground would have to include ... and I quote ... "Escalators taking us to our seats".. That's the way to build a ground and build a football club for the future

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »

I have enjoyed this thread and some of the really good points and the especially the Fortress!,.... but couldnt let this pass without making a few practical comments as someone who knows the full background of ML etc.

1. The middle section of the pop side was built like it is as it cost little more to make it that height (compared with the roof it replaced that blew down) and enables the ground to be able to be 10,000 capacity in future (FL reqt). It also meant I could put the TV gantry under cover. The long term plan would indeed end up with a stand pretty identical to the Dane Bank one.
2.  The club had no sponsors lounge or decent offices and that is why I built the family stand (to get more income) and it was built to a very low budget. That area of the ground is actually very narrow and being on a band of peat a bigger stand wasnt viable.
3.  I agree that long term we need a new away end toilet/snack bar facility,..when we can afford one! and have away crowds that warrant it.
4.  Long term the plan should be to extend the bar over the mausoleum (which as a flagger I will be crucified for saying) and to include a club shop and make it much more suitable for functions that would earn real income for the club as our current bar is too limiting.
5.  I love our ground. It is one of the more characterful NL grounds around. I agree its far from perfect and it is getting a bit tired in places and the main stand seats are too close etc but it beats any of the newer "generic" grounds like FGR's and many others.
6. We simply wont have the money to ever make these improvements IMO from the football side only. Only a rich benefactor would enable this but look how they have f**ked up just about every other club they have gone to. You dont need a list from me, and these rich guys just seem to avoid AFC for some reason anyway.

The ground is reasonably located (could be worse) and we are secure in it as far as I know. Be thankful, you could be a vics fan!!

Robin Reliant

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »

I have enjoyed this thread and some of the really good points and the especially the Fortress!,.... but couldnt let this pass without making a few practical comments as someone who knows the full background of ML etc.

1. The middle section of the pop side was built like it is as it cost little more to make it that height (compared with the roof it replaced that blew down) and enables the ground to be able to be 10,000 capacity in future (FL reqt). It also meant I could put the TV gantry under cover. The long term plan would indeed end up with a stand pretty identical to the Dane Bank one.
2.  The club had no sponsors lounge or decent offices and that is why I built the family stand (to get more income) and it was built to a very low budget. That area of the ground is actually very narrow and being on a band of peat a bigger stand wasnt viable.
3.  I agree that long term we need a new away end toilet/snack bar facility,..when we can afford one! and have away crowds that warrant it.
4.  Long term the plan should be to extend the bar over the mausoleum (which as a flagger I will be crucified for saying) and to include a club shop and make it much more suitable for functions that would earn real income for the club as our current bar is too limiting.
5.  I love our ground. It is one of the more characterful NL grounds around. I agree its far from perfect and it is getting a bit tired in places and the main stand seats are too close etc but it beats any of the newer "generic" grounds like FGR's and many others.
6. We simply wont have the money to ever make these improvements IMO from the football side only. Only a rich benefactor would enable this but look how they have f**ked up just about every other club they have gone to. You dont need a list from me, and these rich guys just seem to avoid AFC for some reason anyway.

The ground is reasonably located (could be worse) and we are secure in it as far as I know. Be thankful, you could be a vics fan!!

Totally totally brilliant synopsis of how we are, and where we need to go.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »

has to have some character!

Deep down thou Mr Hamilton, will Altrincham FC ever get in the football league whilst playing at Moss Lane?

And yes I still want to see Altrincham FC play in the football league before I die!  We were denied it in the past but can rise again.  If Accington & Macc can do it, then it should be still a realistic aim for us.

macc won the conference in the same era as us, a part time league where 2,000 was a very high average gate. Accrington nearly went to the wall getting promoted (as indeed did Macc). unless we have someone prepared to cover six figure losses every year then promotion isn't realistic with the BSP now what it is. Hurts to say it but there you go.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »

Memory's hazy, but didn't the football league refuse Macc entry as their ground wasn't up to it - in spite of the fact that Chester had used it for games before the Deva was built?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

Memory's hazy, but didn't the football league refuse Macc entry as their ground wasn't up to it - in spite of the fact that Chester had used it for games before the Deva was built?

Yes. The difference in the FLs eyes being that criteria in 1995 was different from 1992.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »

That was it - I'd seen Crewe go down against Chester at Macc - can't remember the season.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »

unless we have someone prepared to cover six figure losses every year then promotion isn't realistic with the BSP now what it is. Hurts to say it but there you go.

Not true.

Not overly wrong but not true if you're prepared to put your mind to it.

Too negative, won't get anywhere like that.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »

Bob is right, without someone bankrolling the club and we will never get promoted to the football league under the current league structure. It might sound negative but I'd say it was more realism.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »

unless we have someone prepared to cover six figure losses every year then promotion isn't realistic with the BSP now what it is. Hurts to say it but there you go.

Not true.
Not overly wrong but not true if you're prepared to put your mind to it.
Too negative, won't get anywhere like that.

Maybe not,....but it's realistic with the current structure and BSP teams unless these new financial rules change things, which I doubt.

Anyway, we have to get out of BSN first!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Expansion