News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Thread About Football - Alty's Back Four

Author Topic: A Thread About Football - Alty's Back Four  (Read 2805 times)

ioko

« on: February 13, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »

A Football Topic - Alty's Defence

What do people think of Andy Scott now hes had a couple of run outs? I personally think Warren has been excellent all year and has defended solidly as well as providing an attacking threat from deep.

Also, would people bring Rosey in for Bandy? Not that Bandy has played badly as much as I think that Monroe and Rose pair up very well and were excellent prior to Roseys injury.

I would also give Gary Scott a run at right back.

I know this looks like Im ripping the whole back four apart but, if I had a blank piece of paper, I think thats what I would do.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:20:25 PM by ioko »

Red N White Dynamite

Re: A Thread About Football - Alty's Back Four
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 05:18:32 PM »

It's a difficult one because chopping and changing can sometimes do more harm than good. One thing a defence needs in order to gel is not to be changed around too often. Munroe only showed his true worth after being given a good run in the side as we all know. However, I also see your point regarding the partnership between Munroe and Rose.

smithers

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:24:46 PM »

Peyton has looked good at left back whenever i've watched. He's OK coming forward but lacks a bit of quality passing for me - i think hes better in defence than midfield and his work rate is good.

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:37:17 PM »

i prefer warren at left back because he gives yu both good attacking and defending qualities and then that would give us a chance to play rod more often on the wing, because i think rod play rlly well on the wing!!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 11:32:35 PM »

Would be a very good wing back

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »

people are saying we should give andy scott a chance. we know warren can do the job (and very well) so why dont we play andy scott in the reserves get him settled playing at alty (albeit for the reserves) and see how he does and then after that maybe bring him into the first team squad. what ja reckon ppl?

teasybeaver

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:09:21 AM »

Firstly, i would like to question the need for a football related topic on this forum? I would much prefer a thread relating to the diminishing populations of sparrows in the east Radcliffe area, and how we can relate this to capitalism?

Not that i'm slating bandy, although he is a judas remember,  but i thought rose and munroe were the future and technically very good on and off the ball. Peyton for me has taken his time to get there but now looks a solid attacking left back. Maybe Scotts pace would be benificial at right-back, give it a go, but azzer is still my 1st choice.

I think the defense would be more confident with a rose and munroe partnership. band is a great proposition on the bench because he slots in anywhere, very useful when we're 1-0 up with 30 mins to go. Not to mention the fact that the defenders will be a lot happier with bush sat in front of them, or big val of course.

I dont see what all the panic is about, the players have been fighting for 4 seasons now and theres no way they'll give up so easily, i think come april we'll have more steam than a few teams.

Patience please! Although personally i would say that our recent demise is much to do with the capitalist nature of the conference!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »

join the peoples republic of altrincham fc Teasy

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 10:22:40 AM »

Patience please! Although personally i would say that our recent demise is much to do with the capitalist nature of the conference!

i agree. i also blame it on the diminishing sparrow population in the altrincham area. this is getting worrying as the sparrows are dying out all over the place. how can we stop this people??

(if you would like to reply to the above, regarding sparrows, please feel free to use a new topic named: pointless topic#2 (dedicated to galtyalty) ;D

Altysmiffy

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 05:47:29 PM »

My cats (Heathcote & Thornley) are very interested in the sparrow population!

There are not many in Irvine!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 06:02:15 PM »

I would bring back rose and play warren at lb.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team