News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 WELL DONE LADS ..... But now Back to reality

Author Topic: WELL DONE LADS ..... But now Back to reality  (Read 1861 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: November 11, 2007, 10:56:59 AM »

Firstly I thought 11 against 11 we were the better side and Millwall would have been despatched quite easily but 75% of Conference Clubs. Good to see that ' Freekick' finally work, see problem has always been with gone for the header when the volley is what was needed :o) Thought every player played their part today so WELL DONE

We now have to look forward and take that spirit and perfrmance into the league, starting v Weymouth. I'm still confident we have the players to be a mid table side so lets push on now Altrincham and start picking up the points in the league. EVERYONE get behind them and I know we can starting stringing some wins together. .  .  .

COME ON ALTY

JT

Re: WELL DONE LADS ..... But now Back to reality
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:27:35 PM »

Firstly I thought 11 against 11 we were the better side and Millwall would have been despatched quite easily but 75% of Conference Clubs. Good to see that ' Freekick' finally work, see problem has always been with gone for the header when the volley is what was needed :o) Thought every player played their part today so WELL DONE

We now have to look forward and take that spirit and perfrmance into the league, starting v Weymouth. I'm still confident we have the players to be a mid table side so lets push on now Altrincham and start picking up the points in the league. EVERYONE get behind them and I know we can starting stringing some wins together. .  .  .

COME ON ALTY

Totally agree here.  We need to pick up league points after the Millwall performance, because i saw alot of promise in yesterdays game.  We matched a league 1 opposition, how are we sitting 21st in the BSP?!
Hopefully more people will now be encouraged to come down to moss lane regularly to support the lads

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:24:58 PM »

I don't think our performance yesterday has done any harm regarding potential additional support we may draw for league matches. I was dreading a drubbing, but 10 part timers fighting against 11 full time pros from League 1 did look quite impressive. Let's hope we can raise our core support to 1000, or so.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:42:33 PM »

on mature reflection you can say at least we're not like gainsboro, 6-0 at home to hartlepool
really we would have been better off drawing a non league club than a div 1 club. imagine if we had vics at home...6000 and the real prospect of serious disorder

Alex

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:55:25 PM »

come on alty a great performance from the lads and gave a good acount of themselves (considering the league position and the kind of results we have had this year) against a team in league 1 (who granted weren't at there best but still tough opposition). still in 3 cup competitions so a good chance of a trophy this season, runcorn on tuesday and then back to the important stuff on saturday.

come on the robins
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team