PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 8027 times)

Vics Chick

Re: Todays game
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »

Hard luck today.

Heard the score whilst driving away from the Kassam this afternoon. It's not often I groan at an Alty defeat!  ;)

Interesting comment on the BBC mini report (why do they bother  ::) )....apparently the new manager got off to a "flying start" with Millwall. If you can count a 2-1 win by a Div 1 side against a part-time BSP side (including a "dodgy" penalty) a flying start then sure... ::)   (Not to mention that you were down to ten men for the majority of the second half....I forgot about that!)

Looking forward to Boxing Day. Looking more likely that we might actually still have a club by then!!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:44:34 PM by Vics Chick »

Bath Alty

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »

brilliant in places - like Tinson, Shotton, senior had their left back on toast, Robbie's engine as usual - the fact that we weren't over run in midfield despite Sedgemores lacklustre performance must be credit to Robbie.

Much prefer Joe up front and Senior on the wing to the other way round.

All in all a very good effort particularly after the second goal went in - we could have really fallen apart then but we didn't, we got it back together and gave them a decent game.

What a goal from senior though - worth the trip upjust for that moment.

Well done lads - lets play like that against Weymouth (with a fit Val or Whalley) and get 3 vital points that are worth more than the £5k we spent on the police

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:52 PM »

Sorry you lost lads, but at least you did your club proud and didn't disgrace yourselves like the wasters who were wearing York shirts this afternoon.

yeah i saw your result What Happened?

We made total arses of ourselves as per usual.

I am sick of it.

JT

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »

Absolutely brilliant perforance can't fault the lads
Made me proud to support alty

What was "brilliant" about it?

We only managed two shots on target all afternoon against surprisingly poor opposition.

Tinson was immense and deserved the Man Of The Match award.....but we simply have too many substandard players.

Sedgemore might as well have paid £16.00 and sat in the stand with the rest of us.

The likes of King, Johnson, Cuddy etc would not have been proud of that showing.

Fair enough sedgemore yeah poor, but do you not agree that was one of the best displays youve seen from the lads at home this season? yeah we havent been great but a definate improvment. We battled all the way until the end and you have to take into consideration that for the majority of the 2nd half we had 10 men... against league 1 opposition. come on do you not think that classes as a good perfomrance?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »

We only managed two shots on target all afternoon against surprisingly poor opposition.

Tinson was immense and deserved the Man Of The Match award.....but we simply have too many substandard players.

Sedgemore might as well have paid £16.00 and sat in the stand with the rest of us.

The likes of King, Johnson, Cuddy etc would not have been proud of that showing.

Will you ever be happy with an Alty result?

We played well, were in the game till the last minuet and did the club and town proud.

I like many on here enjoyed the day and can tell people the result with pride.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »

We played well, were in the game till the last minuet and did the club and town proud.

Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed your day....but perhaps I just have higher standards!

It's probably the result of being privileged enough to watch Alty demolish Football League opposition on a regular basis over the years (I know, we were spoiled back then).

As commented elsewhere, I thought that Tinson was superb.
If only some of the others had matched his application and heart.

Lawton and O'Neill battled away but they are just simply not good enough technically.

Sedgemore was a huge disappointment, as, alas, was Little.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 09:53:31 PM »

Great Effort, ALTY, Proud to be a Robin.
Lets Go On from here, up the BSP League.

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 10:21:01 PM »

Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed your day....but perhaps I just have higher standards!

It's probably the result of being privileged enough to watch Alty demolish Football League opposition on a regular basis over the years (I know, we were spoiled back then).

As commented elsewhere, I thought that Tinson was superb.
If only some of the others had matched his application and heart.

Lawton and O'Neill battled away but they are just simply not good enough technically.

Sedgemore was a huge disappointment, as, alas, was Little.

So you expect a team, who you continuously say are not good enough and are not as good as the team in the 70's, to beat full time league opposition.

This doesnt make sense.

Vics Chick

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 12:10:44 AM »

Just watched MOTD and it was a penalty. Bit unfortunate in that Lane was just protecting his face but rules is rules and he had to go.

Nice goal by Senior though!  And he definitely has the Senior family teeth!!

lukealty12

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 12:23:52 AM »

I personally dont think it was a penalty, there was no intention of him using his hands to prevent the ball going in.
So on that we can feel hard done by.
Overall id say a great performance from the lads and this should give us some confidence that we need.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 12:29:44 AM »

I agree and feel he part turned away to protect himself however the arm was to an extent raised and they are always going to be given. Deliberate handball it clearly wasn't though; I don't think it was a sending off.

Senior's strike and the ball in were quality.

Cheered up by seeing the Workington keepers attempt to save Bury's second!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 01:02:45 AM »

I agree and feel he part turned away to protect himself however the arm was to an extent raised and they are always going to be given. Deliberate handball it clearly wasn't though; I don't think it was a sending off.

Senior's strike and the ball in were quality.

Cheered up by seeing the Workington keepers attempt to save Bury's second!

The penalty was given for deliberate handball (given that all handball offences must be deliberate) as such he had to be sent off as a goal was denied.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »

i know what your saying but thats not always true
penalties are often given for handball when the player didnt mean to do it
i think it was a penalty but to send hmi off too was ridiculously harsh, spoiled the game too

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 01:41:07 AM »

i know what your saying but thats not always true
penalties are often given for handball when the player didnt mean to do it
i think it was a penalty but to send hmi off too was ridiculously harsh, spoiled the game too

Referees can have looser definitions of deliberate handball than you may think. For instance putting your arms in a position where the ball is likely to hit them may be considered as deliberate handball despite the player not actually moving his arms toward the ball.

If the correct decision was to give a penalty (which it was) then the referee had no other choice than to send him off.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 02:24:47 AM »

Thought the team as a whole played its best game so far. Though there is still room for improvement from some individuals. Feel we have played better conference sides than what millwall produced today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game