News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The FA in the future

Author Topic: The FA in the future  (Read 2643 times)

seasonticket

The FA in the future
« on: February 17, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »

We have two threads running regarding the FA, Our red card appeal shambles and the FA cup revamp.
My wife (still a season ticket holder) thinks that things are bound to change and that there will be sweeping changes in the FA organisation.
I have a more cynical view and tell her constantly that the FA will not change as the blazers only appoint more blazers when the need arrises,and they have had it stichted up like this for years. That in the past changes hve been made but nothing changes.
Does any one on this forum belive (like my wife) that things will change, ever.

Dougals Dad

Re: The FA in the future
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:33:36 PM »

No wonder Ian Whatmore quit the FA. Anyone with sense seems to get nowhere.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »

Yes, simply because of club power. The major clubs of Europe are now THE force in football, not FIFA, if the big Premier League names wanted to bring down the FA (and they might well want to soon enough) they could.

To my mind the FA will become organised the same way as the Premier League is now, with clubs voting.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »

I believe that soon (in the next 12 / 18 mths) a 'rights' deal of some description reaches the end of the contractual term. (Possibly even Sky) This will allow clubs to basically do their own thing with regards to television...and sell matches directly to the punter via their own channels or websites. This apparently is a very real prospect, which will undoubtedly leave the FA well and truly up the creek.

This house of cards has got to come down soon.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »

I believe that soon (in the next 12 / 18 mths) a 'rights' deal of some description reaches the end of the contractual term. (Possibly even Sky) This will allow clubs to basically do their own thing with regards to television...and sell matches directly to the punter via their own channels or websites. This apparently is a very real prospect, which will undoubtedly leave the FA well and truly up the creek.

I think the big clubs are waiting until internet technology is absolutely spot on, i.e. the norm is for streaming to be as good as telly. When that situation arises, you could have United selling rights to games on an individual PPV basis. £2 per game, 50 million worldwide watching every game, that's £100m every time you play. Mind boggling figures, just mind boggling.

Of course, it'll kill what's left of competition. Look at Spain. Real and Barca get half the TV money to themselves. Hence sh*tting on everyone else from a great height. Boring.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »

We have two threads running regarding the FA, Our red card appeal shambles and the FA cup revamp.
My wife (still a season ticket holder) thinks that things are bound to change and that there will be sweeping changes in the FA organisation.
I have a more cynical view and tell her constantly that the FA will not change as the blazers only appoint more blazers when the need arrises,and they have had it stichted up like this for years. That in the past changes hve been made but nothing changes.
Does any one on this forum belive (like my wife) that things will change, ever.

Of course things will change

I've just seen a pig fly past my window  ;D  ;D

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »

United tried to sell their own rights when the Glazer's first took over and it was defeated 19-1 in the premier league. As long as there's more clubs who'd lose from selling your own rights the big clubs will just get outvoted, they can't change the premier league rules alone.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »

There are moves to 'professionalise' the FA, moving a significant part of the decision making away from the 'elected'  members (Blazers) and transferring it to the employees.

To avoid a 'Turkeys voting for Christmas Scenario' the decision to do this was imposed, I think by Ian Watmore

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »

I think the big clubs are waiting until internet technology is absolutely spot on, i.e. the norm is for streaming to be as good as telly. When that situation arises, you could have United selling rights to games on an individual PPV basis. £2 per game, 50 million worldwide watching every game, that's £100m every time you play. Mind boggling figures, just mind boggling.

Of course, it'll kill what's left of competition. Look at Spain. Real and Barca get half the TV money to themselves. Hence sh*tting on everyone else from a great height. Boring.
thats becuase everyone wants to watch real and barca, there great to watch so they get more games = people power so its all a vicous circle, same with the prem, its the same people wanting to watch the big clubs that are switching off when they see wigan vs blackburn and i dont blame them
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The FA in the future