PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dale johnson  (Read 3467 times)

jimbo

dale johnson
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

dont want to start any fallouts but think alot of us got to carried away with big dale.he has got good ability no doubt but he flatters to decieve?dosnt score enough goals?sick of hearing he looks tired?just wish he would kick on and have a run of good games and get some goals.that he holds the ball up well shout isnt enough.he should hold it up at his size and strength.and defenders are fouling him shout is even worse.thats what they do.get on with it.the ball will be held up with the smaller forwards as long as we dont punt it up to them .sometimes he seems totally uninterested and im getting frustrated wiith him .im sorry if im being contraversal.

fuertes

Re: dale johnson
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

He's been our best player so far this season, closely followed by Crowell (grrr) and Kearney.

Strong, decent touch, gives us the option to go direct or play it into feet, I think he's now a very important part of our first XI.

I accept there are areas he can improve. First, though I accept he gets fouled quite often without the ref noticing, he occasionally gets frustrated and starts moaning at the ref. That's no good, he needs to get himself even more fired up and give the defenders some back. Second, quite often he seems to be looking for a chance to play someone in. I just want to grab him and tell him to be a bit more greedy, then he'd up his goal tally. Third, he does tire in the second half of games. His physique means he's never going to be able to sprint around like a madman for 90 minutes, but ideally he'd stay sprightly up until the end of games.

In conclusion, I think you were being a little harsh in your post, but I agree there are aspects of his game that need to improve.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »

I tink you could tell on monday that he was really missing senior.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »

IMO Dale seems  sharper than last year .. I also am of the opinion that he should score a few more goals but having said that I do think that the other forwards  and attacking midfielders should anticipate his flick ons a bit more and maybe they will get more chances.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »

I tink you could tell on monday that he was really missing senior.

Someone from Wales who writes in Irish  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Stockportalty

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »

Hopefully K McK might be able to give Dale some help in the areas where he struggles,him being a forward.

jimbo

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »

im sorry fuertes but i just dont see him being unselfish infront of goal.you have made my point for me with that post.he is in his physical prime and you say players of his size get tired .most prem players are giants they get about ok.he has had lots of shots but mainly misses the target.of course he holds the ball up, hes massive.apart from barrow .wasnt there .where there manager was raving about him .dont think he has been that good.im afraid i want more from him.he has got the potential but isnt dilivering.histon he did fine hayes and yeading poor.kiddi good for 20mins then poor. hes not a young player like heff.i just think he is getting a cult following that isnt totally reflecting his performances.just my oppinion.crissy senior has played much better than dale im araid.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

im sorry fuertes but i just dont see him being unselfish infront of goal.you have made my point for me with that post.he is in his physical prime and you say players of his size get tired .most prem players are giants they get about ok.he has had lots of shots but mainly misses the target.of course he holds the ball up, hes massive.apart from barrow .wasnt there .where there manager was raving about him .dont think he has been that good.im afraid i want more from him.he has got the potential but isnt dilivering.histon he did fine hayes and yeading poor.kiddi good for 20mins then poor. hes not a young player like heff.i just think he is getting a cult following that isnt totally reflecting his performances.just my oppinion.crissy senior has played much better than dale im araid.

You don't think Dale has been good? Are we talking about the same player? Heathcote was singing his praises the other day, saying how well he has done.

I don't think comparing Dale's fitness levels as a part-time player to Premiership forwards is entirely fair.

I don't accept all big players 'should hold it up'. He could be massive but really clumsy. He isn't, for a bloke of his size playing at this level he has excellent feet.

I just don't accept he has loads of shots. He should shoot more.

The one area we agree on is that Senior has started the season well too.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »

You don't think Dale has been good? Are we talking about the same player? Heathcote was singing his praises the other day, saying how well he has done.

I don't think comparing Dale's fitness levels as a part-time player to Premiership forwards is entirely fair.

I don't accept all big players 'should hold it up'. He could be massive but really clumsy. He isn't, for a bloke of his size playing at this level he has excellent feet.

I just don't accept he has loads of shots. He should shoot more.

The one area we agree on is that Senior has started the season well too.

Watching Darren Royle confirmed that years ago, obviously jimbo didn't see him play  :)

jimbo

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 03:59:35 PM »

i did see darren royle and he was poor and had a poor touch.dale has a good touch so shud hold it up.he is also quick so shud run past defenders ,he maydo now a then?not enough. he is tall so shud win headers.he does but no enough.and he has lots of shots but needs to be more clinical.overal he started well and has slipped abit.im saying this because he is a good player who cud do much better.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

Random topic of the day!

Coming up over the next few days:

Tom Kearney: why the bloody hell did we sign him?

Greg Young: not scoring enough goals for me!

1-1 away at Kettering - Heathcote out!

This country!

Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »

If Dale Johnson was the player you wanted him to be Jimbo he wouldn't be at Alty but playing much higher up the pyramid.

bigcol

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 06:47:53 PM »

or in Australia with The Heff.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »

Why did we have to drag up Darren Royle?

Horrible memories of him at Park View Road.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

radcliffe alty

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »

I love Dale Johnson.

That is all.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dale johnson