News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 has alty centre really got this bad?

Author Topic: has alty centre really got this bad?  (Read 2185 times)

Jacko

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: has alty centre really got this bad?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:26:15 AM »

The forum idiot methinks. First response is:

"We can't afford to have condescending attitudes towards other teams, we just have to get on with it "

markecky

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 08:18:45 AM »

Altrincham town centre closed four or five years ago and was turned into a giant poundland, littered with people who feed pasties to babies.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »

Altrincham Town Centre = DUMP.

I would not go drinking there again it is full of drop outs and scum at night. No wonder all the pubs and bars have shut down.

Shame really it used to be really nice and a good night out, well maybe about 10 years ago anyway.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »

It used to be nice in the 80's, when i was a young 'un. Haven't been down George street for years, perhaps since the retail park opened at Broadheath.

Presto should never have closed  ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »

Most Town Centres are like a morgue on Bank Holiday Monday, but I do have to say that what was once a quality shopping centre has been raped by Trafford Council. Ask yourselves why I work my cab out of Sale more of the time !

Our ground may not be the Nou Camp, but it's got a damn sight more character than soulless Lego-build stadiums such as The New Lawn and The Kassam, and a thousand times more atmosphere than Gateshead or Tamworth.

If this bloke (whose presentation leads me to think he's not quite a full shilling) thinks it's bad at Alty, I'd advise him not to even travel to Kettering !

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »

Altrincham Town Centre = DUMP.

I would not go drinking there again it is full of drop outs and scum at night. No wonder all the pubs and bars have shut down.

Shame really it used to be really nice and a good night out, well maybe about 10 years ago anyway.

I hope that with this regeneration of the shopping precinct it will start to pick up again. It does boggle the mind that when Alty has Manchester City Centre and the Trafford Centre to compete with for people wanting to shop/eat/drink, you have to pay silly money to park in Alty. Someone is missing a trick there, unless they're trying to kill the town.

It's true that for a generally pleasant town, Alty is full of total nobs of a Friday or Saturday evening. Perhaps a few more policemen hanging about town would curtail the yobbish behaviour?

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »

And if he thinks our ground is bad he obviously has never been to Histon...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »

I hope that with this regeneration of the shopping precinct it will start to pick up again. It does boggle the mind that when Alty has Manchester City Centre and the Trafford Centre to compete with for people wanting to shop/eat/drink, you have to pay silly money to park in Alty. Someone is missing a trick there, unless they're trying to kill the town.

Abolish the ridiculous parking charges that exist out so far you can't even park within walking distance of Alty town centre

It's true that for a generally pleasant town, Alty is full of total nobs of a Friday or Saturday evening. Perhaps a few more policemen hanging about town would curtail the yobbish behaviour?

Make up the lost revnue for parking charges by increasing the charges on the scum shuttle and keep the unwashed out. Problem solved

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 has alty centre really got this bad?