PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goalkeeping situation...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goalkeeping situation...  (Read 4058 times)

robins1978

Re: Goalkeeping situation...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 01:16:34 AM »

The stand-out save Stu made in second half will alone be mentioned for the right reasons again as the season progresses. Saunders will get the chance he deserves (for his pre-season performances and for being No.2 keeper to a legend) - probably in the cheshire senior cup and if Stu gets injured or suspended. It can't be easy being a keeper on the bench but he is with us coz he wants to be, which again is good. When he gets his chance it's up to him to prove he should be between the sticks and not Stu. Having 2 keepers as good as these 2 is a luxury we are not used to (no offence to Richard Acton as when he's got in the team he's done OK - but with his other commitments the arrangement suited him) and we will find out just how much later in the season. Interesting thread though this one. I also agree Stu was perhaps to blame for the goal against Chester, but the second half saves alone that he made kept us in it. It's irrelavent to say "Saunders may have saved them too". If's and but's don't win games - goals do - so Digressing slightly i'm a big fan of Dale's but how did he miss the target after Denhams wonder set up + shot when Dale looked yards offside but wasn't flagged ?? Any better views than the one i had in main stand to explain that one ??

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »

I was looking straight at Dale shot from the Golf Road. He scuffed it with a sort of flailing leg of a finish - it looked like the effort of a man dead on his feet. I think he was very tired from the game two days earlier. Still, I thought he might have scored from there...

robins1978

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »

Cheers, seems fair comment
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goalkeeping situation...