News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone spare a quid??

Author Topic: Anyone spare a quid??  (Read 2070 times)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Anyone spare a quid??
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:22:31 AM »

Chester City are up for sale for a pound.

The day before their winding up order I don't think this sends out the right message.
 I am willing to go halves!!

fuertes

Re: Anyone spare a quid??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »

Chester City are up for sale for a pound.

The day before their winding up order I don't think this sends out the right message.
 I am willing to go halves!!

Rip off  :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:45:32 AM »

Looks like Pound Stretcher will be there new sponsors next season then... ;)

Its a bit ironic that one of there pies is worth more than the club eh?   :D

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:45 AM »

That would be the worst pound ever spent.

Although surely the fans can club together. Given the ammount of debt that pound will buy, only the fans will have the commitment to see it through.

AFC Chester in the NW Counties next season me thinks.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »

That would be the worst pound ever spent.

Although surely the fans can club together. Given the ammount of debt that pound will buy, only the fans will have the commitment to see it through.

AFC Chester in the NW Counties next season me thinks.

A guy on the radio said something similar, although he mentioned the Unibond. Is he just getting his leagues mixed up, or is there some way they could start from just above the bottom?

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

Depends if Unibond accept them or not, Im guessing they probably would if there was evidence that the AFC club was big enough and well administrated.

Unless Im wrong this was the case with Halifax. However not the case with FCUM, Linnets, Scarborough, Wimbledon. I think it will depend on how much the fans got behind it, and theyre pretty hacked off these days, think they will have lost a lot of resolve.

I guess the stadium is also an issue. Cant see them keeping hold of the stadium unless they buy it as part of the pund package. Whats the betting that its not included.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »

Depends if Unibond accept them or not, Im guessing they probably would if there was evidence that the AFC club was big enough and well administrated.

Unless Im wrong this was the case with Halifax. However not the case with FCUM, Linnets, Scarborough, Wimbledon. I think it will depend on how much the fans got behind it, and theyre pretty hacked off these days, think they will have lost a lot of resolve.

I guess the stadium is also an issue. Cant see them keeping hold of the stadium unless they buy it as part of the pund package. Whats the betting that its not included.

That belongs to the council
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »

last throw of the dice.  for a quid you will get one hell of a burden.

vaughan - you're a divvy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »

Chester going under would be a terrible blow to our playoff chances. We'd lose 4 points and a number of teams stevenage included would lose 6 points.Lets hope for decent outcome for all,ie chester get a new owner and a chance to rebuld their club,whilst carrying on in the same guise

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 08:18:31 PM »

Think I said in a post several months ago, that Stevenage would make one hell of a noise if they missed out on promotion to the FL due to their record against Chester being expunged.

They could have no arguement with the actions of the taxman, but maybe with the Conf (and maybe FL) for allowing a clearly unstable club to participate in the first place.

Then again the Conf may wish to point out that member clubs overwhelmingly voted in favour of Chester's inclusion for reasons such as being able to finish above them or to ensure 23 homes games or a local deby etc
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:57:34 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone spare a quid??