News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I love dave pace

Author Topic: I love dave pace  (Read 3509 times)

Jezza

I love dave pace
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »

From the official completely brilliant and encyclopaedic John laidlar site;

Dave Pace said "There's lots of points to play for... It's not over until it's over and we can't throw the towel in with 17 games to go.
We could go on a ten-game unbeaten run, who knows?...

Absolute class...can't we find this guy a job at Alty?

BrianVino

Re: I love dave pace
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:52:19 PM »

the fit woman in the burger van said she had a vacancy

mitchymoo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »

the fit woman in the burger van said she had a vacancy

he will have to join the queue, there's plenty of people want that job. the burgers wouldnt be the only things being flipped if I were lucky enough to get the job.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »

I actually feel sorry for Dave Pace now (yes official). He has built everything himself at that football club and all he has to show is 30 people stood round a drum.

I think he has calmed down a lot since he's been in the Conference and I think its a shame that his players haven't got the same fight that he has.

mr f.trucker

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »

Surely not!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »

That's nothing, he shook a referees hand on Saturday (and the one who disallowed Senior's goal at York to boot!). I sh*t ye not.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:41:51 PM »

Told ya ... I'm a changed man ... he he ... and he was the liner that disallowed Littles goal at Tamowrth ....

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49:08 PM »

I wonder what his atitude will be to big time Charlie ex conference clubs coming down to the BS North and thinking they are the big boys in the little pond?

Will he have the fight to have another go at the conference coz he must have realised his delusions when he said "we're in it to win it".

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:24:55 PM »

If he were on the Titanic he would be trying to convince everyone to carry on drinking and listening to the band as the dancefloor started to tilt !

I suppose he has built the club up and the town as a whole don't appreciate this, yet he has stuck at it. He deserves a liitle bit of rspect for this. I am aware that there has been some strong feelings in the past, but I would sooner they be in this league than some of the Southern based clubs who regularly dish out the  "no disrespect, but we should be beating teams like Altrincham" line.

I remember the last time we played them at the Butcher's, they presented the players with a 6-pack of beer to pass to the injured Marcus Hallows, who was in hospital at the time with a very serious leg break.

Oh........a ten match unbeaten run could yield as little as 10 points which would still leave them in trouble !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »

Agree with Gary 100%

A few years back I would have given it to him yesterday in a big way.  Now I do feel sorry for him.

The ground used to be  a unibond ground, with tractor marks down the pitch, and 9 yr old ballboys as stewards

Saturday was well organised, policed, stewarded, with Ballboys with a good view, catering etc as well as superb social facilities.

He deserves more..the town should have come out for that game for him especially with no City and United. 

He must have looked enviously at the massed ranks of Alty fans.

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »

Agree with Gary 100%

A few years back I would have given it to him yesterday in a big way.  Now I do feel sorry for him.

The ground used to be  a unibond ground, with tractor marks down the pitch, and 9 yr old ballboys as stewards

Saturday was well organised, policed, stewarded, with Ballboys with a good view, catering etc as well as superb social facilities.

He deserves more..the town should have come out for that game for him especially with no City and United. 

He must have looked enviously at the massed ranks of Alty fans.

Totally agree there Ecky. I was surprised at how little support they had for probably their biggest game of the season to this point. On the way into the town centre, a couple of people came out of a shop, looked at the coach and one them seemed to say to the other - 'oh its for the football' and then trudged in the opposite direction of the ground.

Compare that to the turn-out to the turnout we got the Aldershot game last season

Longman

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:07:31 PM »

Me and my mate were speaking to a Droylsden fan in the holts pub beer garden before the game.  He went to get a pint and came back out saying "It's like bloody Altrincham town centre in there".

I felt good.  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I love dave pace