News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who asked about the Droylsden rivalry?

Author Topic: Who asked about the Droylsden rivalry?  (Read 1818 times)

baldrick

« on: February 11, 2008, 08:57:37 AM »

I meant to post this before but i completely forgot. A while ago i made a poll with the question "Who do you rate as the main enemy". Macclesfield got the most votes, closely followed by Northwich. Nobody else came anywhere near.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=3730.0

Jezza

Re: Who asked about the Droylsden rivalry?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:34:37 PM »

They like to think we're their rivals but to us it's just nice to get one over Pacey.

Really it's just..well funny I suppose when we beat them....but when they beat us there's no sick to the stomach oh my God I want to die feeling which is the defrinition of real rivalry.

Shame it looks like we wont play them next year as it's a nice close game everyone can get to (exiles excepted) and normally a good match.

Pacey will probably plough his pitch in a desperate effort to stay up now.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »

I don't want to tempt fate here.......but if we stay up and the others go down, then this will mean that over the last 3 seasons we have lost relatively short away trips  to :-
Accrington, Southport, Morecambe, Northwich, Droylsden, Farsley, Tamworth and Stafford.

Hopefully the league committee will see the unfairness of this to the many supporters who always 'do' the 2 hours or less trips and take action as follows :-
kick-out Crawley for obvious reasons; kick-out Torquay for unsporting conduct, deduct Weymouth 18 points for changing their Chairman too often and give another repreive to 4th from bottom (because Wrexham refuse to join the BSP and opt for the Welsh League instead) 

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »

I think they are rivals in a sense. At the moment they definitely are because they're relegation rivals. Other than that I would never think of Droylsden as a derby.

Just a local game which we always enjoy

chrisrufc

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »

Code: [Select]
I don't want to tempt fate here.......but if we stay up and the others go down, then this will mean that over the last 3 seasons we have lost relatively short away trips  to :-
Accrington, Southport, Morecambe, Northwich, Droylsden, Farsley, Tamworth and Stafford.

But Wrexham and Macc Town could easily come down and still an outside chance of Accrington, Bury or Chester

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »

Hyde and Staleybridge from conf North would be relatively close away trips if they both came up
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team