PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Points target?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Points target?  (Read 4031 times)

Alty365

Points target?
« on: February 10, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »

Looking at the current table I would guess that 40 points might just be enough to survive this season. Ridiculous when we "went down" with over 50 points last year! The permutations are incredible depending on Tuesday's result - victory gives us an 8 point cushion whereas defeat would reduce it to just 2! The importance of Tuesday's game cannot be overstated but I feel confident the players will be fully prepared for the challenge.

Come on Alty!!!!

Altyant

Re: Points target?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:50:59 PM »

We have to keep winning as many games as possible. However 40 - 45 points should be enough. Do the bottom 4 still have games against each other?

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:06:51 AM »

looking at the fixture list can see us getting about 16 points for the rest of the season.

i'd would also like to point out that we have scored more goals than Oxford this season.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:48 AM »

It's rare for a team to get less than a point per game and not get relegated, based on that I'd say the target this season would be 44/45 pts.

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:13:27 AM »

Farsley will push us all the way. A draw at least is imperative tomorrow. I havent been so nervous about a match for ages. Im a wreck already, to be honest, cant wait to get tomorrow night out of the way!

45 points agreed. Or more points than Farsley.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »

I think Droylsden, Stafford and Northwich gone, they might each string a few results together but they too far behind, then it will be one from Us, Farsley, Weymouth, Halifax and I think another two will plummet, We MUST win tomorrow to keep the gap, i'd rather have points than games in hand like they do. I think we will end up on 43 points and finish 6th bottom, Weymouth and Farsley beneath us.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:25:47 AM »

Gh will not say you MUST win, that puts to much pressure on! Look at Northwhich with what Dino said!

The lads will know what to do and we need to get behind them.

A win would be great but we certainly do not want to loose.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »

42 point5s

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »

42 points is what I believe.

JackPFarsley

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »

I reckon 42ish

At Farsley we have:

You (away)
Northwhich (away)
Stafford (away)
Droylsden (home)
Weymouth (away)
Weymouth (home)

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 01:11:19 PM »

It will be close. Farsley have the potential to pick up points looking at those fixtures. They also have to play a few more games than us so I think it will be tougher for them as pressure mounts.

We have the points on the board which is invaluable. If we win tomorrow we'll take some catching. Even a draw is in our favour.

We have a tough run-in but we also have to play Stafford, Weymouth, Farsley and Crawley at home so we have the chance to pick up a fair few points.

All this is making me nervous, how many more seasons of this will we have to endure!

JackPFarsley

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 01:15:50 PM »

and Crawley at home

Oh we lost 5-1 at home to Crawley  ;)

Longman

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »

It will be close. Farsley have the potential to pick up points looking at those fixtures. They also have to play a few more games than us so I think it will be tougher for them as pressure mounts.

We have the points on the board which is invaluable. If we win tomorrow we'll take some catching. Even a draw is in our favour.

We have a tough run-in but we also have to play Stafford, Weymouth, Farsley and Crawley at home so we have the chance to pick up a fair few points.

All this is making me nervous, how many more seasons of this will we have to endure!

We've played Weymouth at home, won 3-2.  We have to go there on the last day of the season!  Could be an enormous game!!!!!

Narcissist

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »

We've played Weymouth at home, won 3-2.  We have to go there on the last day of the season!  Could be an enormous game!!!!!

Sorry, I meant Halifax. No idea how I mixed them up.

We have a good relationship with Weymouth fans, I hope it doesn't go down to the last day for either of us.

Altyant

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »

I reckon 42ish

At Farsley we have:

You (away)
Northwhich (away)
Stafford (away)
Droylsden (home)
Weymouth (away)
Weymouth (home)

Hmm I could maybe see Vics and Droylsden taking points off Farsley. If we win tomorrow they would need to win three of those to get infront of us
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Points target?