PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The clear out begins! three players flirted already
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The clear out begins! three players flirted already  (Read 6627 times)

louise1925

Re: The clear out begins! three players flirted already
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »

I'm with you on that one Alty365, but can you see GH clearing out his favourites? I certainly can't. Meanwhile Northwich look very close to signing a 4th player in as many days with Southport's quality right winger Duffy joining Sutton (right back), Barrett (left back) and Flynn (centre mid). The time to panic is almost upon us. :(

Alty365

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:42 PM »

can you see GH clearing out his favourites? I certainly can't.

No and if he can't make such decisions that's why he shouldn't have been kept as manager.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »

So northwich are signing 3 or 4 members of the only fulltime team not to get promoted out of the conference north? arsed. Why the hell would we start to "panic" most footbal contracts run until june, the season offically doesnt end until sunday, find something more constructive to worry about mate.Im sure the manager has a list of potential targets that he is after, given him some credit ffs, he's been doing this long enough.

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 09:29:48 PM »

it runs from the highest level though doesnt it. GG will not clear out his favourite, so why should GH clear out his?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

No and if he can't make such decisions that's why he shouldn't have been kept as manager.

Are you going to be at this meeting on thursday? come on mate ffs, how long have you been watching us? you now the score well enough by now, more players will go nearer the start of the season, as I explained in the earlier post,youve watcched us long enough to know how things pan out in preseason. ::)

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 09:46:02 PM »

1. Stuart COBURN
2. Steve ASPINALL
3. Gary SCOTT
5. Darren TINSON
7. Robbie LAWTON
8. Val OWEN
9. Colin LITTLE
10. Greg YOUNG
11. Warren PEYTON
12. Joe O'NEILL
13. Richard ACTON
15. Chris LANE
17. Richard BATTERSBY
19. Chris SENIOR
26. Tom BAILEY
28. Danny BROWNE
29. Dominic LILLIE

11 players, so we need at least another 8 or 9

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »

Are you going to be at this meeting on thursday? come on mate ffs, how long have you been watching us? you now the score well enough by now, more players will go nearer the start of the season, as I explained in the earlier post,youve watcched us long enough to know how things pan out in preseason. ::)

Do me a favour mate, how do you expect me to travel 220 miles in 90 minutes? I have somebody asking questions on my behalf.

One of the excuses for last seasons poor performance was that we were a month behind everyone else with our preparations and signing of players. If we sit and wait until June again before starting to bring players in this year are we not just hampering ourselves in the same way again? Or maybe the excuse just wasn't valid in the first place.

louise1925

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 09:51:26 PM »

Helicopter perhaps?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »

If we sit and wait until June again before starting to bring players in this year are we not just hampering ourselves in the same way again? Or maybe the excuse just wasn't valid in the first place

Who says we're waiting until june though??, who says there arent players at the ground tonight in talks with manager??,whos to say we havent signed peolple already??, yet are keeping our powder dry until john laidlar is back from holiday,or so they can be announced on thursday??all this seems to be moaing for moaings sake, not all on your part obviously mate, but I dont understand the whole doom and gloom aspect here? Let the manager do his job,He's going to be putting the sqaud together wether anyone likes it or not,so give him a break and let him do it his way.You'll know soon enough if he's got it right or wrong.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:59:11 PM by Hughesy »

Alty365

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 09:58:06 PM »

I genuinely do appreciate what you are saying.

I just have no confidence in him as a manager anymore, although I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

louise1925

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »

Hughsey, I love your positivity and quite frankly we all need that right now! However, you can't blame us for being a bit cynical after last season and what's happened recently. It's hard to keep the faith sometimes, though undoubtedly, we will!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »

Hughsey, I love your positivity and quite frankly we all need that right now! However, you can't blame us for being a bit cynical after last season and what's happened recently. It's hard to keep the faith sometimes, though undoubtedly, we will!

Its nothing to do with postivity brian, its keeping things in perspective mate, we have only reached the 13th May, plenty of players will come and go before the first ball of the season is kicked.Im sure the manger has a list of who he wants, And I know for a fact  he has spoken to certain players already, let him keep his powder dry and announce his new recruits when he feels is the right time.  ;)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »

Will all the negative moaners on here please give it a break!
Real fans watch their team in whatever league and whoever is wearing the shirt.
Reading some of this negative stuff makes me sometimes regret the internet.
Reality 1 - GG is a succesful bloke who wants success in all parts of his life - does his committment to Alty reflect somesort of desire to fail!I think not. Get off his back unless you can put in the same day in day out committment and skill rescuing the club.
Reality 2 - We all want to win (I hope) but long term survival is top priority, ask Maidstone, Enfield etc. At least give GH the next month to put a squad together, then  judge him on results. Get off his back unless of course you want and could do the job!

altyf

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »

I'm sure GH is taking on board all the fans queries at the moment and with the forum coming up, there is a chance to further let him know the fans concerns and a chance to get an idea of what to expect in the close season. I'm sure there are plans to make changes. The season finished 2 and a half weeks ago! So what if we havn't signed 4 players like Northwich. Whether you wanted Graham to stay or not, he has the ability to attract players to Moss Lane and it's important that he isn't rushed into signing players because we could end up with another Sedgemore or Whalley. Give him a chance to adress exactly what we need and have a look at what's available. Graham knows we need to strengthen up. He's already released three players and there could be another two in the near future. We seem to be getting worried about too many things at once. With the Halifax situation, Northwich signing players and what apparantly is a disastrous away kit, some fans seem to be getting over dramatic about things. Give the guy a chance to have a look at some players and decide who needs to go and who needs to stay. We aren't going to spend as much as Northwich this summer but lets see what happens...

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »

i'm a bit surprised about Rocca, he didnt really get a chance did he. I thought he could have possibly done a job for us next season
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The clear out begins! three players flirted already