PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decent game....
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Decent game....  (Read 8045 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Decent game....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »

Qq
An enjoyable 60th Birthday day out (plus I received a cheque for £50 for getting a treble on the Sat Yankee, and It was my first game as a concession)  :D  Wifey still pays full price though (just)  ;)
Is this a same sex marriage? Must be cos Ip didn't think blokes' concessions kicked in until 65.

when i enquired i was told it was 60 for blokes. Sorry to disappoint but a coventional marriage  ;)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »

Don't agree that Rodgers not good enough think he strong and adds some bite , Boshell slow and gets caught with ball to often , Moult better, i have said before don't think Reeves and Walshaw work as a pairing but had no other option with Perry inured except  play Lawrie  along side Reeves  ,its good we have got more options this season .

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »

A LOT OF PLACES ITS 60 FOR MEN
Harold

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »

Given the way we play (asking a great deal of two wide men) I can understand the rotation of Clee, Lawrie, Smikle and Richman, but I don't see the value of rotating the two central midfield players. Unfortunately, Danny Boshell is not firing on all cylinders yet this season and I think that the much maligned Carl Rodgers is playing pretty well with Jake. These two guys are amongst our fitter lads, so surely they should provide a stable foundation to our midfield. Totally agree about Reevsey and Walshaw being too similar, but goals don't seem to be too much of a problem at the moment. As a side note, I thought Buzz was absolutely brilliant for us yesterday and I haven't seen him get as far forward as that for quite a while.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »

Qq
An enjoyable 60th Birthday day out (plus I received a cheque for £50 for getting a treble on the Sat Yankee, and It was my first game as a concession)  :D  Wifey still pays full price though (just)  ;)
Is this a same sex marriage? Must be cos Ip didn't think blokes' concessions kicked in until 65.

when i enquired i was told it was 60 for blokes. Sorry to disappoint but a coventional marriage  ;)

Because the age at some clubs is indeed 60 but also because I don't trust the vagaries of the telephone answering personnel at Alty, I emailed Grahame Rowley when I posed the same question. Here is his reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.
After discussing matters with our secretary I can confirm that concessionary age at Altrincham FC mirrors that of the government with relation to pensions ie. 65 for men and 60 for women.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Grahame

markecky

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »

Qq

Because the age at some clubs is indeed 60 but also because I don't trust the vagaries of the telephone answering personnel at Alty, I emailed Grahame Rowley when I posed the same question. Here is his reply:

Thank you for your enquiry.
After discussing matters with our secretary I can confirm that concessionary age at Altrincham FC mirrors that of the government with relation to pensions ie. 65 for men and 60 for women.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Grahame

Ray, you fraudster!! 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
iiRe: Decent game....
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »

Well i will pay the concession rate until someone tells me different. The person on the turnstile knew i was 60 and never said nothing. f**k knows why its become an issue. Wish i hadnt said anything now

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »

Given the way we play (asking a great deal of two wide men) I can understand the rotation of Clee, Lawrie, Smikle and Richman, but I don't see the value of rotating the two central midfield players. Unfortunately, Danny Boshell is not firing on all cylinders yet this season and I think that the much maligned Carl Rodgers is playing pretty well with Jake. These two guys are amongst our fitter lads, so surely they should provide a stable foundation to our midfield. Totally agree about Reevsey and Walshaw being too similar, but goals don't seem to be too much of a problem at the moment. As a side note, I thought Buzz was absolutely brilliant for us yesterday and I haven't seen him get as far forward as that for quite a while.

boshell is quality when firing on all cylinders but at the moment i would start with rodgers and moult would be on the look out for a top notch all round cm player if i was ls

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »

Boshell and Clee not quite fully match fit yet I think.

I'd start Bosh every game and work round him. He's only lost once (against Chester) since he arrived. That's no coincidence.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »

boshell is quality when firing on all cylinders but at the moment i would start with rodgers and moult would be on the look out for a top notch all round cm player if i was ls
bosh is of form but things looked less likely to happen for us whin Rodgers came on ideally smilkle will come good and you can move richman in I also think we need an extra centre half Williams looks a much better left back and 5 defenders not enough in my opinion

joe

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »

bosh is of form but things looked less likely to happen for us whin Rodgers came on ideally smilkle will come good and you can move richman in I also think we need an extra centre half Williams looks a much better left back and 5 defenders not enough in my opinion

I agree on Boshell not having a great start to the season but I disagree on Williams Jimmy. I think he's a decent centre half and I prefer Buzz at left back.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »

Willow , at centre, buzz and nicky work better on left  ,  buzz had a great game and created second goal on the overlap

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »

Willow , at centre, buzz and nicky work better on left  ,  buzz had a great game and created second goal on the overlap

From the RR commentary there seemed to be lots of excellent play involving Buzz & Clee working together.

Is 5 defenders enough? Clee can cover LB, & Rodgers @ centre half?

brian1925

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »

Buzz and Nicky usually work well together, but i felt Buzz carried Nicky a bit on Saturday, particularly in the 2nd half. Why is it that Buzz can do the full 90 mins, but Nicky flags after an hour? In truth any 4 of our 5 defenders can do a job for us, though i agree we seem to be a bit light on numbers at the back. Also agree with Ballers re. Boshell being our best midfielder, but there doesn't seem much point choosing him ahead of Jake, when Jake's form is much better. Anyway, it's all about opinions and it's great that Alty have options for a change.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »

Not convinced that Nicky is 100% fit. Buzz, on the other hand, seems to have stepped up a notch from last season. Man of the Match for me yesterday, and the recovery he's made from a potentially career-ending injury points to one very gutsy and committed guy. Long may he grace our team !
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decent game....