PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decent game....
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Decent game....  (Read 8044 times)

markecky

Decent game....
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »

We should have won it in the first half but thought it was a decent game today with some good goals.

Credit to Histon, they are no whipping boys.  Never gave us a second on the ball and played some decent stuff of their own.  Number 8 was excellent.

At times they had three on us every time we passed the ball.

Disappointed not to take 3 points at home but onwards to Leamington unbeaten.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Decent game....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:39:46 PM »

Quiet right , best team we have met so far , like you said should of put it to bed in 1st Half , had enough chances , but credit to Histon far better team than they used to be ,remember a couple of years ago when they were a hoof it outfit .

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »

It was a great game, but I'm disappointed to not have won.  Missed perry (lights blue touch paper)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »

Perry would have come on in the last 20 minutes and made a real difference I think. We just had no intensity to our attacks in the second half. Walshaw should have had a hattrick in the first 20 minutes alone.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 07:33:36 PM »

Decent game played worse and won on Monday enjoyed richmans energy and dens bang on form down side we were picked of to many times

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »

It was a great game, but I'm disappointed to not have won.  Missed perry (lights blue touch paper)
if perry was fit and had started we would have won
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »

I think if there is a fault it would be more down to the amount of space we gave them rather than the forwards who did score a goal each and yes they did miss chances
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:53:15 PM by Jimmy »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »

First time I have been late for a game (4 mins) and I missed the first goal  >:(

I thought Histon were a decent team to be fair

Alty are very easy on the eye when they pass it about

An enjoyable 60th Birthday day out (plus I received a cheque for £50 for getting a treble on the Sat Yankee, and It was my first game as a concession)  :D  Wifey still pays full price though (just)  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 10:05:07 PM »

First time I have been late for a game (4 mins) and I missed the first goal  >:(

I thought Histon were a decent team to be fair

Alty are very easy on the eye when they pass it about

An enjoyable 60th Birthday day out (plus I received a cheque for £50 for getting a treble on the Sat Yankee, and It was my first game as a concession)  :D  Wifey still pays full price though (just)  ;)
Welcome to the Alty Old Gits' Society Ray.....but surely Jill won't be joining us for quite some time yet......

brian1925

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »

Histon are a young, fast and hungry team and the least they deserved today was a draw. We actually played ok for the most part, but one thing i would say is that we've looked much more comfortable all season with Rodgers playing in front of the centre backs. I'm all for squad tinkering and i can see the reason for it with part time lads, but playing two 'pretty' players in the middle leaves us a little vulnerable. Rodgers is one of our fittest players and he should play all the time - had he played from the start today, we/d have won, as both goals came through the middle.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 11:13:29 PM »

Is this a same sex marriage? Must be cos I didn't think blokes' concessions kicked in until 65.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 12:20:15 AM »

Both goals came from overlapping fullbacks crosses , 1st from Dens 2nd from Buzz.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

I really wish Reevesy had buried that chance just before half time.
We would probably have gone on to win the game and I wouldn't be sat here in agony with a cracked rib after it bounced off the back of the Golf Road stand and into the side of my ribs.
Still, you have to expect some pain watching Alty I suppose!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »

Thought it was two well matched sides. They're young and full of energy, press the ball for 90mins and shoot from anywhere.

I too think Boshall and Moult are to similar. I also think Reeves and Walshaw are too similar and they don't seem to get on very well

Although we're joint top of the league we're only warming up
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »

Boshall and moult probably are to simalar however with richman playing on right because smickle started poor and Rodgers not good enough I'm not sure there is much of an option probably agree about reeves and walshaw but 7 goals in 5 games is very good granted perry start also first class but we become direct when he plays
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decent game....