PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taking your Mrs to Alty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Taking your Mrs to Alty.  (Read 8943 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Taking your Mrs to Alty.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »

M9 Alty's Mum came to quite a few matches when we were courting. South Shields on the coach, and five of us in my Reliant to New Brighton come to mind. Strangely, once I'd actually married her, the interest cooled rapidly.

In the football?  ;)
No, I still love the football.......................

joe

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »

M9 Alty's Mum came to quite a few matches when we were courting. South Shields on the coach, and five of us in my Reliant to New Brighton come to mind. Strangely, once I'd actually married her, the interest cooled rapidly.

In the football?  ;)
No, I still love the football.......................

I'd prefer it if my mother wasn't discussed on the forum to be honest.

VofD

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »

Having lived in Altrincham since 1983, when I started to follow THE ALTY, my wife has visited Moss Lane once : to buy me an Alty shirt for a special birthday in 2008.

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »

Never to be done again. Some great stories here though and many demons exorcised. A former partner who I spent way too much time with came to a few games with me, in retrospect probably to prevent me from enjoying myself as was her speciality. Some memories, Wycombe, "get me a cup of tea"....."get yourself a cup of tea", tea ended up chucked over me, Barnet, went for a slash, heard a roar then another soon after. Asked what had happened, was told nothing. Turned out we'd got a penalty then scored it. Daft cow didn't notice. Home games consisted of spotting planes, "Ooh look, I wonder where that's been"?
Worst case was when she watched some game on TV and wanted someone to win because "they have the nicest shirts".

Got a new one now, no interest in football at all. The way it should be.

And PS she's lovely :P

I was watching a Premier League game on TV and in the top left corner of the screen one of the teams was "CHE"
"Is it Cheadle?" she asked!

...and she only knew of the existence of Cheadle cos the LibDems once won an election there!

george

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »

First met Jenny 30+  years ago. Met the gang on a Thursday night in the Moss, now the KING GEORGE. i was in charge of the gatepeople then & Jenny's  first job was helping on the turnstiles & helping in the shop. Since then she has been hooked ever since & i am also getting used to watching my team. Time has flown since 1948.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »

My Mrs has come to quite a few of the games I've managed to get to.
She prefers watching Alty because we can stand so she can get away from me when I get abusive/depressed/just plain stupid.

The difference in outlook was shown by our trip to Lewes a few seasons ago. She loved the picturesque ground, pleasant weather and nice pubs and shop in the town. I thought it was all cr@p because we were abysmal.

safe95

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »

I first met my now ex-wife when she was home from the Sixth Form from her boarding school down south. We went out when she was home and wrote letters when she wasn't. Sort of fizzled out but after a couple of months I noticed her standing with a couple of other girls on the Golf Road - she was now at South Trafford College. I went over to have a chat and that was it. Three months later we were engaged - she later told me she knew I went to Alty and so went along to 'accidently' bump into me. So you could say Alty brought us together for what was a 29 year marriage. Not so good was her first away game - it was away at Northwich. It started badly when she turned uo in her mothers old college scarf which just happened to be green and white. In those days the Swill Field was not a happy hunting ground for the Robins and games often seemed to end in a 1-0 defeat. A pretty dismal match in which Alty had the better chances was dragging its way to a 0-0 when in the final few minutes Vics were given a probably dubious penalty - cue cursing and handwringing, flinging of cups and programmes to the ground, cries of anguish and despair. As I looked skywards with tears of rage forming in my eyes, she turned to me and said, 'Never mind, it might be an indirect penalty.'

mrsband

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

Ha ha keep them coming!! I'm loving this thread.
Don't forget, there ARE some of us who blooody love football!!!  :) :) :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Taking your Mrs to Alty.