Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why were all those police at that Varsity match at Moss Lane tonight then?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why were all those police at that Varsity match at Moss Lane tonight then?  (Read 9473 times)

willj8

I used quotation marks around fans as I thought that from a fans point of view that do care about the club, no denying that, you can surely see that an income like last Wednesday (easily £1000 profit for AFC) will help the club as a whole. Maybe to improve how you watch the game with facilities or with standard of players you are watching. I am not a regular poster on here as I am not a fan, i am however a student at the University of Manchester and I played in the game on Wednesday night.

With regards to the broken equipment, when we had tidied up the stand myself and a few other lads had asked stewards and other officials at the ground if everything else was ok and did anything need doing. Nothing was mentioned about anything being broken. And since the event we have not been contacted as a club to inform us of any damage caused. Therefore this is the first I am hearing of it.

I was making the point that a select few always seem to ruin it for the rest. I know of the majority of people at the ground on Wednesday who enjoyed it and weren't involved in anything that went on, again a select few of idiots. To brandish all students in this bracket isn't correct and that was my point. The events in the stand from what i have been told were all to do with alcohol consumption and rivalry between uni's. I was on the pitch therefore do not know first hand what exactly went on.

bighairedmike

I used quotation marks around fans as I thought that from a fans point of view that do care about the club, no denying that, you can surely see that an income like last Wednesday (easily £1000 profit for AFC) will help the club as a whole. Maybe to improve how you watch the game with facilities or with standard of players you are watching. I am not a regular poster on here as I am not a fan, i am however a student at the University of Manchester and I played in the game on Wednesday night.

With regards to the broken equipment, when we had tidied up the stand myself and a few other lads had asked stewards and other officials at the ground if everything else was ok and did anything need doing. Nothing was mentioned about anything being broken. And since the event we have not been contacted as a club to inform us of any damage caused. Therefore this is the first I am hearing of it.

I was making the point that a select few always seem to ruin it for the rest. I know of the majority of people at the ground on Wednesday who enjoyed it and weren't involved in anything that went on, again a select few of idiots. To brandish all students in this bracket isn't correct and that was my point. The events in the stand from what i have been told were all to do with alcohol consumption and rivalry between uni's. I was on the pitch therefore do not know first hand what exactly went on.

Fair play to you for a reasonable and well thought out answer.

There is no denying it, it probably was a decent money spinner for the club, and an income stream that should be used as much as possible.

The comment about broken stuff is just going off a post on here, by the guy that works the PA and the like. As I say though, hearsay.

Not having a go at you here, but if you read the forum a lot then you would realise that the jibes about students are commonplace. If you read the stuff in the thread it goes from you all being posh uppity nuggets or mindless Neanderthals that only end up at uni because you want a party for x amount of years.

I would expect though, that people would be able to handle their ale sufficiently to not get into a fight with someone from a different institution, just because of that...

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

There is no denying it, it probably was a decent money spinner for the club, and an income stream that should be used as much as possible.

The comment about broken stuff is just going off a post on here, by the guy that works the PA and the like. As I say though, hearsay.

Not having a go at you here, but if you read the forum a lot then you would realise that the jibes about students are commonplace. If you read the stuff in the thread it goes from you all being posh uppity nuggets or mindless Neanderthals that only end up at uni because you want a party for x amount of years.

I would expect though, that people would be able to handle their ale sufficiently to not get into a fight with someone from a different institution, just because of that...

Are you now a 'former' student Mike?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

you can surely see that an income like last Wednesday (easily £1000 profit for AFC) will help the club as a whole. Maybe to improve how you watch the game with facilities or with standard of players you are watching.

Student in no grasp of real life shocker

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Nothing necessarily wrong with those courses. The old "Theology? What you going be? A theologian?" argument is nonsense. University can give you loads of transferrable analytical, creative, presentation and social skills. The problem, IMHO, is that too many people go to university. It's supposed to be a place for the academic elite to hone their skills in whatever discipline they choose. Instead, almost any eejit can get in. They'll give you an offer even if you only manage Ds and Es to some of the joke institutions.

Especially if you're royally educationally challenged. Just take a look at Prince Edward (but not for too long). Entry to Cambridge to read History with a C and two D's if memory serves me correctly. If it's good eneough for them......
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

bighairedmike

Are you now a 'former' student Mike?

I am indeed Brian.  :)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I don't think Willj8 has come on here to stir things up, probably the opposite...we need him to spread the word with his footy mates to get down here and support the local BSP club
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RocketDan

I don't think Willj8 has come on here to stir things up, probably the opposite...we need him to spread the word with his footy mates to get down here and support the local BSP club

about the say the same thing.

Fair play for coming on here and clearing things up from your point of view, Willj8..

Hope you enjoyed your Moss Lane experience, If you are a a loose end Tuesday night get down and watch a massive 6 pointer.

Only £8 for students, amazing value for money IMHO.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why were all those police at that Varsity match at Moss Lane tonight then?