PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just got back...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just got back...  (Read 7569 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Just got back...
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »

and what green army is failing to mention is that about 450 of the 1298 crowd were from alty, no noise untill they scored and once they scored all it you could hear was a drum!

But back to the game, we were good. fell apart as always in the final third but over all every lad ran their heart out. chris senior is a fiend FACT!!!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:21:56 PM »

Agree with that, the drum is awful spoils it for all supporters I feel.

We definately outsang them

Alex

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:24:41 AM »

the game for me is a blur apart from the goal  ;D ;D ;D  "wheres your easy chant gone?"

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:32:40 AM »

I think the drum is effecting the Northwich Kids ability to have a balanced view on a game.

God help them when they are 25 and the full affects of standing near that bloody thing actually hapens.

4pts -  ;D ;D ;D ;D

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:25:17 AM »

how they put up with that every game is beyond me, thought the Alty support was fantastic for a Tuesday night!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »

Whilst the number of Alty fans was great as was the noise generated, I'll admit to being slightly ashamed at the drunken antics of a group of our fans. I know it was a derby and that feelings were heightened, but the drunken idiots shouting threats etc, were more than embarrassing. I went with a couple of people who I took to the Southport match. I managed to talk away the scenes there saying it was a one off but, to use their words "I see the thugs are back".

:(

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 10:04:15 AM »

From where I was stood it just looked like typical derby verbals and to be expected. I would imagine the threats were being shouted from either side as segregation brings out the bravery in people  :D

and I heard about the scenes at the end and they were only beacuse a Northwich fan had trown a bottle at an Alty fan and this is obviously going to get the old blood boiling ? I spoke to a Northwich steward on the way out and they will not condone this behaviour by NORTHWICH Fans and did not have a bad word to say about Altrincham fans and did not blame any reaction as something was thrown (That is on CCTV).... Now our stewards may see it differently who knows  ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
I know I'm going to get hammered for this but....
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »

Unfortunately we were again let down by a very small minority of people.

I was called over to a Turnstile before the match which the operator had closed temporarily as she was frightened for her safety. One extremely drunk individual had jumped over the turnstile and run away toward the Alty Fans and she had been threatened with sexual assault by two others as she would not let them in for free like their mate.

This was not just her word against the Alty Fans, some other neutral supporters had also heard it.

As I was there I was joined by the Chief Steward from Northwich who had been to remove a number of drunken and abusive Alty fans from the Restaurant adjoining the stadium.

I'll admit that there was a fair amount of verbal jousting between the two sets of supporters particularly at the end.

The majority of Alty Fans were as usual superb but as I said, sadly we were let down by a small minority.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »

Again Altrincham fans whether right or wrong get singled out by their own fans \ club and for some reason no one mentions the bottle and now coins (that I have heard from a VICS FAN) that were thrown by Northwich Supporters or the threats made by their fans, or to be fair people in the Northwich end as they may not be their usual supporters.

Whether right, wrong, happened or didn't happen a balanced view is needed and as far as I'm concerned. It seems to be that Altrincham followers \ suporters \ fans always get the full blame in any matter.

I can not stand up for those that have verbally assaulted a turnstiles operator but I honestly think the scenes at the end (or towards the end of the match) was equally each set of fans fault and with a bottle being thrown at someone then surely thats going to not help the situation. I purposly did not stand near the segregation during the match but from what I have heard both sets of people near to the fence where as bad as each other with threatening behavious, then again as far as I know Altrincham fans didn't throw anything at the Vics fans, again I really hope I am not wrong on that statement.

ps: before anyone says anything I didn't see anything at the end and am only going off what Altrincham and Vics fans have told me so maybe I am just going off hearsay, as I am sure others are.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:32:41 AM by gazwarrington »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »

Sorry Gary,

It just seemed to me that everyone seemed to be aware of the bottle chucking, which was picked up on the CCTV by the way as I assume would the coin throwing be.

I am aware that the person responsible for throwing the bottle had been apprehended when I spoke to Darren whilst on my way home.

It also seemed better that I praise the vast majority of travelling supporters who were so provoked  by a number of Vics supporters but again it seems that whatever I post is $h!t on from a dizzy height.

It is ridiculous to claim that no Alty fan 'misbehaved' last night. Three Alty fans were removed and issued warnings by AFC Stewards to my certain knowledge and, I'm sorry but Gary's post smacks somewhat of a persecution complex.

Like it or not we have now had situations at two away fixtures very close together (Southport and Northwich) and to use two hackneyed phrases 'there's no smoke without fire' and 'sh*t sticks'

I love this Football Club and I'd hate it to get any sort of reputation. We must all act responsibly Home and Away - that is all I'm asking

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »

Why bring up the turnstiles thing on a public forum ?

This was not something I knew about until now and to be quite honest did not want to know about. Is this really something that needed publising or something that can be sorted 'in house' at Altrincham away from the spot light ? Why make an issue about it publicly ?

Did I say no Alty fan 'misbehaved' NO I said both sets of fans were probably as bad as each other with the over reaction at the end courtesy of someone getting a bottle thrown at them. Its no excuse but maybe that counts as a form of provocation ?

persecution complex. - Not at all , why would it be ... ? Have I ever justified or argued any of my actions with any steward ? and just for the record I was not involved last night and stayed away from any happenings so I am not justifying anything that I did as I did nothing  I was just asking for a balanced view rather than being quick to blame Altirncham fans all the time as though its just them.

Two wrongs don't make a right and all that but lets not just make out it was Altirncham fans please and over hype what was just handbags at a typical derby match. For gods sake its was hardly Lille v Manchester United was it.

I know people should be big enough to turn the other cheek if somone throws something or threatens them but I know from past experience that this is not always an easy thing to do when emotions are running high.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:05:31 AM by gazwarrington »

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 11:05:19 AM »

To look on the bright side at least now Northwich know what it's like when someone won't pay their bill and a Northwich lass finally got an offer of sexual activity.

I believe the turnstile jumper is now offering 40% of the gate money so a happy result all round I reckon.

It's amazing that our rivals seem to like us so much they always appear to be chucking free drinks at us.

It's clear though Northwich cannot cope with a 1200 crowd with a small percentage of fans who have shamelessly had a drink and they need even our help to steward the match...I'd have refused to recipricate the boxing day arrangements unless they reciprocated our admission pricing particularly for under 14s.

On a final note how on earth are those totally open and clearly token permiter barriers allowed?

tonybrads

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 12:12:30 PM »

i did not see the bottle come over i can understand why some of the fans reacted like they did. at the end of the game i was shaking the northwich fans hands and the northwich stewards.

Jenga

Re: I know I'm going to get hammered for this but....
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 12:47:12 PM »

Alty Fans and she had been threatened with sexual assault by two others as she would not let them in for free like their mate.

This was not just her word against the Alty Fans, some other neutral supporters had also heard it.

As I was there I was joined by the Chief Steward from Northwich who had been to remove a number of drunken and abusive Alty fans from the Restaurant adjoining the stadium.

WRONG - sorry - i will explain what happened as I was there for both incidents - albeit not involved I hasten to add.

First of all the Alty fans in the restaurant were asked to leave for singing. Not abusive singing just normal singing. They left without being thrown out once they were asked to leave.

Now to the turnstile incident. It was the same fans. Yes one fan jumped in. The others were then asked to leave and she would not let them. The reference to sexual assault was AFTER the turnstile woman pushed the Altrincham fans out. After this comment made by the alty fan she actual KICKED and tried to PUNCH the Altrincham Supporter. As far as neutral people being there well there were three people only there. Me, Trucker and Brads - hardly neutral people.

What happened was wrong, however you need to understand both sides of the story and not just take the word of the turnstile operator.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:50:30 PM by Jenga »

markecky

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »

What constitutes an Alty fan then?

I saw 100 people last night who I had never seen in my life before.  And a lot I'll probably never see again.  They are not bothered for the clubs reputation I'm afraid.

Do all other clubs advertise small issues on forums?

No-one condones any actions like you have reported however we should all feel guilty because someones mate has had a few too many and been out of order.

There were no punches thrown.  No-one was injured.   No riot at the train station spilling into shopping arcades or organised gang warfare on a field in Wincham.

Perspective needed.

I thought our stewards did a great job last night.  Well done to them.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just got back...