PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good Work Chaps
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good Work Chaps  (Read 5692 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Good Work Chaps
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:30:54 AM »

"Altrincham FC's stewards will be in attendance at Northwich on Tuesday night and will be assisting the Vics' stewards at the away end. The Victoria Stadium has closed-circuit TV which covers all areas of the stadium."

Now any ideas how the rest of us can get in for free aswell??  ;D ;)

markecky

Re: Good Work Chaps
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 08:54:05 AM »

Why are you ignoring my texts?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »

Why are you ignoring my texts?

Fight you.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:26:07 AM »

Hughesy,

This is a reciprocal arrangement. The Vics Stewards came to ML on Boxing Day and helped us as do the Southport Stewards regularly when we play them. We also had a representation from York City when they visited recently.

When Darren says that our stewards will be helping out he means just that, helping out. He doesn't mean getting in and watching the match for free.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 09:29:13 AM »

Hughesy,

This is a reciprocal arrangement. The Vics Stewards came to ML on Boxing Day and helped us as do the Southport Stewards regularly when we play them. We also had a representation from York City when they visited recently.

When Darren says that our stewards will be helping out he means just that, helping out. He doesn't mean getting in and watching the match for free.

Jesus Phil lighten up. it's St Northwich day for god sake. ::)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:38:25 AM »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 09:48:21 AM »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:15:30 AM »

Sorry Guys,

Lighten up just doesn't do it.

Deeply deeply p!$$ed off at people having a dig at Stewarding Staff, obviously considered an easy/soft target.

Also got the 'ump with every post of mine being slaughtered (although getting used to it now) even when I'm only trying to be helpful.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 10:25:10 AM »

Phill,

I think you need to realise that it was a joke though! the stewards are victims of banter at times but none of it is meant and as you may well already know the stewards are greatly appreciated by the fans and the club itself, calm it fella and use it for tonight!!!!

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »

Sorry Guys,

Deeply deeply p!$$ed off at people having a dig at Stewarding Staff, obviously considered an easy/soft target.

Also got the 'ump with every post of mine being slaughtered (although getting used to it now) even when I'm only trying to be a Grumpy old man!

I personally think our stewards do a good job, represented by the lack of trouble at ML. Agreed though some of them are a bit bizarre! Its a good idea to take them away, especially when everyone is meeting up at 1200 to start drinking!

Cheer up Phil its only a little joke!

Ps will you be pondering the away terrace in your suit this evening? Lucky you, wish i was!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »

Sorry Guys,

Also got the 'ump with every post of mine being slaughtered (although getting used to it now) even when I'm only trying to be helpful.

I personally cant take anyone seriously with Bon Jovi as an avatar.   ;D

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »

I dont have a go at the stewards, I have a go at everybody for f**k sake,it was a joke.I thought this forum was supposed to be light hearted?
Phil Are you suprised people are critical of some of your posts when you seem on occasion to have a hyper sensitivity to topics which are clearly being discussed with tong firmly in cheek!.

I suggest Gary or one of his gimps sets up a "serious" section of the forum and a "light hearted" section of the forum thus letting those who can and those who cannot distingush between humour and serious debate both use the facility to suit their needs.

P.s Ive got nowt against students either, but I'll still gladly take the piss out of the workshy unwashed of fallowfield as I find it humourous to do so.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:36:33 AM by Hughesy »

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 10:39:33 AM »

I just cannot believe it! I can't! I'm stunned!

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:40:17 AM »

I dont have a go at the stewards, I have a go at everybody for f**k sake,it was a joke.I thought this forum was supposed to be light hearted?
Phil Are you suprised people are critical of some of your posts when you seem on occasion to have a hyper sensitivity to topics which are clearly being dicussed with tong firmly in cheek!.

I suggest Gary or one of his gimps sets up a "serious" section of the forum and a "light hearted" section of the forum thus letting those who can and those who cannot distingush between humour and serious debate both use the facility to suit their needs.

P.s Ive got nowt against students either, but I'll still gladly take the piss out of the workshy unwashed of fallowfield as I find it humourous to do so.

Oh ho he ho he horr, as we say in France! Once again Phil turns a great humourous thread into all out internal warfare! It begs the question. How can somebody who insights so much anger and resentment be in charge of match secutrity?

Phil: That again was a joke. If you read my previous post you will see I have posted some rather nice comments regarding our stewarding. They were serious, this was not.

Hughesy: Great rant, me thinks you will now be looking forward to the first pint! Lucky sod, have a great day and give em hell!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good Work Chaps