PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Most People on Here Talk Bull
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Most People on Here Talk Bull  (Read 7266 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Most People on Here Talk Bull
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 09:17:22 PM »

There's plenty of people who were at the game who are still positive cult so that repeat offender of not being there doesn't ring true to me this time.

I'm gutted for everyone who was there or at any Alty defeat. I've tasted it that many times I know how it feels. It doesn't really feel any different waiting like a pleb in front of soccer saturday to be honest. I still think the situation we are in now isn't all that bad whether i'm at the game or not. I agree with jenga et al on this one so whats your repost to them if they were there?

I'm not that stupid i can't differentiate between my experience and those who attend, however if I go off the people I trust and watch the match with week in week out for the past 10 years when they tell me how we played I think i'm capable of forming a worthwhile opinion.

If you insist on repeating this line of being at the games or not it will become rather tedious.

Glass half full or glass half empty? - Alty supporters come in all varieties.

You asked why there was negativity in the air and I merely pointed out that no home win since last March probably explains some of that.

In fact, come to think of it, no Alty win in our last 12 Conference matches probably explains it all!

After the midweek comeback at York City (which I was unable to attend but heard extremely encouraging reports about from reliable sources), I think that there was plenty of positivity amongst the Alty supporters (including me) prior to kick-off at the Oxford game....but I know that for quite a few people, this was eroded once they saw the starting XI.

I have stated elsewhere that we are playing well in patches and should have gained more points than we currently possess....but the evidence I have seen suggests that unless we enhance our attacking options (either via different formations of the current personnel or with the unlikely aid of a new recruit) and reduce the defensive errors that are plaguing us, then escaping from the relegation zone is going to prove rather difficult.   

Others will no doubt disagree!

When someone said to me just before kick off on saturday, 'why are you so negative' i didnt think 'oh well we havent won at home since march or won a game in 12 matches'. I thought, we can do better with the players we have. I think this is the reason for negativity. Not because we havent won at home for a while.

flaggerN

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 10:22:40 PM »

Let the manager manage and the supporters support and if the supporters support the manager who knows what we will manage.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 12:45:15 AM »

Nobody else could do as good a job with as little available to him...

How can anyone know that?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Chuckles_hart

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »

A friend of mine who happened to visit Moss Lane on Saturday who is much a footie nut as many of us said the follwing about the game against Oxford. It is a totally unbiased report from a pure fottbal fan who llikes a good game which in many ways was provided on Saturday. I think I said to him before we equalised that the match could go either way. We could equalise, which we did, or they could snatch another as we pushed forward, which they did.

"The Robins versus the U's was an entertaining game - some skills were shown by both teams with neither team being in total control throughout the game. Oxford had the better of the first 10 minutes and the sunshine made it impossible for the Alty defenders to deal with high balls effectively. Alty got back into the game and were unfortunate not to score  when the ball hit the bar and bounced down in front of the goal line. The United's defence was mean and ugly with  Gnoghere heading the ball consistently well as well as giving the disjointed Alty attack something to think about with his challenges. It came as little surprise that Oxford went into the lead mid way through the half with the home defence caught flat footed. The second half was much of the same but with Logan, complete with a fading Mohiccan hairstyle, performing extremely well on the left wing even United were made to look ponderous at times. The problem was that the other home forwards were never in the right place to capitalise on Logan's good work.  Eventually his pressure paid off and a weak clearance out met with Sedgemore hitting the ball hard into the back of the net. The last few minutes of the game saw the match swing to United.

Jim Smith who had bounced around on the touchline all afternoon made some substitutions including the bringing on of Marvin Robinson, who was once on loan at Tranmere, and his nuisance value saw Munroe sent off following his tripping of the aforesaid Robinson. From the resulting free kick United scored a relatively soft goal  with Alty defenders claiming off side. Alty pressed hard even with 10 men. From a corner that was cleared Alty had just one defender to pick up any loose ball, but the United player ran away with the ball after it had clipped his hand (unseen by both referee and linesman), rounded the keeper and made the game safe for United. Rough justice for Alty who deserved at least a point for their efforts.
The question is might Altrincham survive relegation again? I would like to think so based on the spirit I saw today even though they really need a big bustling centre forward type to press home the good work by the likes of Logan."

We do need that forward who can mix it and scored the goals that would be supplied by Logan, Potts and Senior. I do think Little and O'Neill do not always work together well and Senior may be a better option for many games. It may depend on the opposition.

However, I do not know why we play Asa at left back even though he is a very good player, if we have good left backs at the club.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »

Mr Chuckles
Not a bad representation of the game from your friend, although Munroe was sent off after the second goal and not before it. I very much doubt he would have been sent off if they had not scored the second goal !

Not sure why Asa played at left back, and was dissappointed to see him named there on the teamsheet. However it is worth mentioning that, on the day, he played very well considering what he was up against.
Not sure why Clancy did not play, but we do not know the whole story.......maybe he was not fit. We know Scotty was not fit and Wozza was used in a more preferred position.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Most People on Here Talk Bull