News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Popular Side

Author Topic: The Popular Side  (Read 2574 times)

Alex

The Popular Side
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »

ok we need to be allowed to move to the far side tonight. for some unknown reason we now seem to cater to the needs of the away fans before our own (the burton fans would have been fine in the away end). We create a better atmosphere on the far side than we do on the golf road in some games. So please if your reading this Darren and looking at the grey clouds and thinking i'll give the York fans the cover please don't (nothing against the york fans just they have never melted when it rained in the past).

Lew Needham

Re: The Popular Side
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

100% agree. Got to look after no.1 here and that corner is miles better than the Golf Road for atmosphere!!

York can just bring umbrellas!!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »

We are always out in the rain at York so why should we give them any cover?

Plus we sound awesome under there FACT!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »

The safest bet, if people want to ensure a better atmosphere, is to sing louder.

Simple.  :)
Come on Alty!

Alex

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 03:59:44 PM »

it's not that simple (it should be) but it's not, theres somthing about the accoustics PLUS it's the banter you get with the opposition fans. plus why should i as a season ticket holder be denied a decent view of our attacks (now we finally have attacks worth watching) because the away fans have to be accomidated outside of the away end ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »

Understand totally what you're saying mate, but I think the view from that side of the ground has been completely ruined by the Setanta gantries anyway.
Come on Alty!

Alex

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:06:53 PM »

true but who here honostly had a good view of dales goal against burton if you were stood on the pop side?  at least down the far end the view only really is restricted of incidents near the corner flag. i just want the wishes of our fans and our comfort to be put ahead of the away fans (they only visit once or twice a season).

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »

100% agree....especially when it's against clubs who don't care if we get wet.

Nothing against York mind.

Lew Needham

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »

it's not that simple (it should be) but it's not, theres somthing about the accoustics PLUS it's the banter you get with the opposition fans. plus why should i as a season ticket holder be denied a decent view of our attacks (now we finally have attacks worth watching) because the away fans have to be accomidated outside of the away end ?

Its so true the acoustics in that corner are 10 times better than the golf road end. The atmosphere in that corner can be amazing sometimes, whereas, it is very difficult to get any sort of atmosphere at the golf road end.

penfold

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »

I agree with everyones views on this post, who like myself believe we should be down the far end in the popular side. Instead of being stuck in the small area under the phone mask. We were made to stand there for burton, and when we are shooting towards the away end you can't see anything.
There is something about being down there when the game is pretty close and either team could win it, the atmosphere just seems better, and tonights atmosphere should be great, York normally bring a few ddecent vocalist. This is probably why when i was younger started following alty as the atmopshere was different from being at any other club.
Im sorry but there are may clubs that we have to go to and we have to stand in the rain, its not going to melt you. I couldn't go to oxford the other week so i watched the last quarter of the Vics game from the away end, and although vis only had 60 hard core singing fans there they still managed to make a fair amount of noise...even if the majority of it was that bloody drum of their's. So imagine what it is like when there is a couple of hundered alty fans blasting out the vocals.

SO PLEASE DONT ALLOW YORK IN THE POPULAR SIDE
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Popular Side