News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Thoughts

Author Topic: Today's Thoughts  (Read 3554 times)

Toppers

Today's Thoughts
« on: February 18, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »

Make it alot harder that it should of been, still dont seem comfortable in defence (with though Broomes have a great game) need somebody in the centre in midfield to calm the play down. looked abit rusty but thats expect, Overall its the result which matters.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

Awful game first half, not much better second. Good job Blyth players can't shoot on target. Too much wasteful play from Altrincham and Sean Densmore's passing play simply isn't good enough for the midfield role he is expected to perform.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »

a terrible game which if we were playing earlier this season we would have drawn , i like the left back hes looks very composed and broomes and flynn at centre looked like a potental decent pairing unfortunatly clee was very hit and miss,  more miss and needs to be more consistant. Overall the team does seem to have potential and like i said earlier this season we would have drawn the game not get a scrappy win
FFS

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »

Not a classic , but sometimes you have to grind out these sort of results , considering the conditions , and the fact we havn't  played for a while , we did well

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »

We played ok, my worry was the amount of free headers their forwards got in.

Some great tackling in defence with people putting their bodies in front of the line to protect the goal, was really impressed with the desire there.

Also glad we kept discipline in defence not to give a penalty away, could have been very easy to dive in on a number of occasions.

As for Reeves off side goal, WAS NEVER OFF SIDE, was on by two yards.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »

Today was pretty well what I expected, though our line-up wasn't ! Lynch looked pretty good, especially considering he's really right sided, and Broomes had an excellent match - but his lack of pace could be a problem against better opposition.

Matt Flynn looked dangerous whenever he came up for a set piece. Collister impressed me again - hope we can keep him if Stu's fitness continues to be an issue.

On the down side, Clee tended to over-elaborate, Richman was largely unimpressive, and Redshaw was never in the game when he finally came on (I suspect Lee foresaw this against these particular opponents and left him out accordingly).

I hope we get a better look at Miles on Tuesday - couldn't really form an impression, but a couple of nice touches, and showed decent positional awareness.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 08:25:22 AM »

We played ok, my worry was the amount of free headers their forwards got in.

Some great tackling in defence with people putting their bodies in front of the line to protect the goal, was really impressed with the desire there.

Also glad we kept discipline in defence not to give a penalty away, could have been very easy to dive in on a number of occasions.

As for Reeves off side goal, WAS NEVER OFF SIDE, was on by two yards.

I can only assume you weren't in line with it because it was clearly offside no question about it.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »

I thought we played pretty well in the 1st half....the offside goal was a tight one but I thought from the quickness of the passing and the fact Reevesy ran past the last defender coupled with the liner's late flag it was probably onside...hopefully it's on the highlights.

2nd half I thought we were absolutly dire and made Blyth look good. While the plus points were the commitment of the players diving in to all sorts of challenges and grinding out the win we couldn't get the ball off them even against ten men and when we did get the ball we gave it away far too cheaply....a better side would have equalized against us......Jack coming on was a poor decision I thought as I have never seen a player quite so committed to not getting injured....a better sub would have been twiss to hold the ball and keep possession.

Overall though if we can get a run of games going and the confidence returns then we can perhaps still sneak the play offs....we desperatly need someone to put his foot on the ball and control midfield..that is what is lacking now I think....

On the plus side my son enjoyed the match and wants to come again....:-)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »

I hope we get a better look at Miles on Tuesday - couldn't really form an impression, but a couple of nice touches, and showed decent positional awareness.

Let's hope John Miles can Highfly for us and never Slow Down.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 10:00:48 AM »

I have just watched the alty tv excellent highlights and by freezing the action at the time the ball was played it can be proven reeves is level.

Officials are going to make mistakes and the liner didn't have the benefit of alty tv and had to give what he saw as he saw it in real time action...the game is so fast these days...who'd be an offficial....but I have the moral victory over the fat balding jobsworth useful liner!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 10:19:09 AM »

Just before the ball was played I'd say he was slightly offiside, but not when it was played. So I wonder if the linesman (and me) looked at Reeves, then looked at the ball as it was played, and came to the conclusion he was offside.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »

A horrible game to watch, esp. first half. Winning ugly it certainly was.

Thought the back four looked a lot better than any of the other permatations we've used (not difficult I know). Flynn looks better at CB than RB.

Clee was generally trying to do too much, but watching the highlights he was pretty good.

Lawrie was my  MOM, liked him playing as front man and not on the wing.

The game seemed to pass Richman by.

All in all its another 3 points and the play offs are still makable.
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Thoughts