PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon matchday thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Histon matchday thread  (Read 6310 times)

markecky

Re: Histon matchday thread
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »

Indeed. There was no issue with our confidence. It was more the fact that they went for us from the off as the home team should. By the time we could get a foothold we were two down.  The penalty killed us.

We had a good chance midway through the first half with Duncan which the keeper made a great save. Perhaps it could have been different if that had gone in.

Forget the league table, this was one of best sides I have seen this season. It was their night.

It was a team full of confidence just ready to tear into us and that's  what they did.

They never let us get going at all. Yes we could have done better but I honestly don't think we need to analyse it too much.   We knew it wasn't going to be our night when they cleared off the line.

Histon off the pitch is still a weird place, on the pitch they were simply superb especially on that first half. I don't know the ages of all the players but some are going onto bigger things.

Onwards to Saturday and we must fly at them like Histon did to us.

this is what worries me, as soon as we play a team with confidence we get beat

Not sure why they should have had more confidence than us either?

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »

I would like to think of it as being just a blip, but apart from Boston we have hardly played well at all this year.
Stalybridge, Gloucester, Corby   - we were lucky to win any of them. Hope this can be remedied, because if we do get to the playoffs we will need to up our game significantly.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »

I would like to think of it as being just a blip, but apart from Boston we have hardly played well at all this year.
Stalybridge, Gloucester, Corby   - we were lucky to win any of them. Hope this can be remedied, because if we do get to the playoffs we will need to up our game significantly.

Not necessarily. Once you get in the play-offs, you have to remember it can sometimes be a lottery. I remember how Nuneaton battered us in that semi-final once they went behind, and somehow we clung on and won on pens.

Whilst I agree we will have to up our performances to ensure we are in the top 5 by end of April, I'd happily take what happened in those 3 games you mentioned....wins.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »

We will know better after the game on saturday if this was a blip or not.

I sense we have gone off the boil a little and Moult seems to have lost a little form and we may see him on the bench on saturday as LS was having a go at him against Corby as well. Just hope Simon is fit for saturday as we miss his drive and energy. We should have too much quality for Workington, but you never know if they get an early goal it might pan out similarly?

bumble

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »

Histon were decent enough for their win....

We knew they'd come at us (Look at their last 4/5 games) and probably take their chances, we had to take our chance

unfortunately the chance fell to Rodgers who scooped it over, doubel save on the line and watmore only had the one...

Their goals were scrappy on a pitch which has 4 games a week on it at time

Positives... we're still in 4th and Worcester lost.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »

sh*te:!!

Saw Barry fry and Darren Ferguson at the game. Hope they aren't they to look at Reeves.

Dont worry - that was definately not the reason that they were there last night.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon matchday thread