PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes afoot?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Changes afoot?  (Read 4934 times)

louise1925

Changes afoot?
« on: August 26, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »

The official website mentions that GH might be thinking of making changes (presumably in attack). Sounds a tad ominous for a few of our present strikers. Can't see Berkely being involved as he hasn't had a chance yet. Joe, Col or Rod?

Daycare Dan

Re: Changes afoot?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »

Berkley is on international duty, Little will be banned so just leaves Joe, Rod and Senior. My guess is he'll go with Joe and Senior with Rod on the bench again.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 04:53:19 PM »

Joe deserves to be dropped and to work his way back into the team. But the small squad means this is unlikely. I'd play Rod and Senior and play the ball to their feet. Whether the rest of the team is currently capable of carrying out such a basic footballing task I am not yet sure. What bet Stafford's centre backs are both 6ft 6 monsters and we play long balls all day?

altyf

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 05:31:22 PM »

All this about joe being dropped is bollocks in my opinion, hes been no worse than colin this season and hes capable....dropping him isnt the answer, the whole team needs to improve...id like joe and rod up front and senior wing or joe and senior with rod on wing

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 06:49:15 PM »

Rod on the wing.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »

Could I suggest that perhaps we need to change things in more than one place?

I'm very sorry and I know that it's a game of opinions but I cannot remember when I was so disappointed with a (supposedly quality) signing as I have been with Tinson.

Quite regularly his positioning is suspect and he doesn't have the pace to recover.

Whalley is a quality footballer but sadly he needs to be allowed to do this and expecting him to win challenges in midfield is just setting him up for a fall.

A three player central midfield with two ball winners and Whalley may work better.

Colin should have been sent off, no argument so we need to replace him for at least 3 matches (my personal view is that he shouldn't walk back into the team once he's eligible again) so we play Joe and Chris Senior.

I'm not going to say that we need a left back because everyone knows that but as soon as it's mentioned people get upset.

What I will say however is that we need a target man, a big lad to occupy opposing defenders and keep the ball thereby stopping it coming straight back and relieving the pressure on the midfield and back four

So I'd play a 4-3-1-2 formation

Altysmiffy

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »

Could I suggest that perhaps we need to change things in more than one place?

I'm very sorry and I know that it's a game of opinions but I cannot remember when I was so disappointed with a (supposedly quality) signing as I have been with Tinson.

Quite regularly his positioning is suspect and he doesn't have the pace to recover.

Whalley is a quality footballer but sadly he needs to be allowed to do this and expecting him to win challenges in midfield is just setting him up for a fall.

A three player central midfield with two ball winners and Whalley may work better.

Colin should have been sent off, no argument so we need to replace him for at least 3 matches (my personal view is that he shouldn't walk back into the team once he's eligible again) so we play Joe and Chris Senior.

I'm not going to say that we need a left back because everyone knows that but as soon as it's mentioned people get upset.

What I will say however is that we need a target man, a big lad to occupy opposing defenders and keep the ball thereby stopping it coming straight back and relieving the pressure on the midfield and back four

I refer you to my post of 9:23 yesterday:-

With little fortune on the wings & short forwards & O'Neill needing more support to show his best, how about a 4-3-1-2???

Stu or Acton; Lane, Rose, Tinson, Peyton; Lawton, Val, Sedge or Whalley; O'Neill; Rod & Senior

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 08:39:05 PM »

I agree with the posts and GH is correct that we have looked lightweight upfront.

We also have problems elsewhere, hopefully the magic ball will have showmn Graham the answers for tomomrrow?

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »

What abt a 3-5-2?

Stu

Lane
Munroe
Tinson

Potts
Lawton
Owen
Whalley
Peyton

Little
Senior

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »

Little not available?

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 08:47:15 PM »

Little not available?

Yeah, I meant Joe  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 09:45:50 PM »

Whalley is a creative player not destroyer dont expect him to tackle that is not what he has been broguht to moss lane to do.

Tinson lost Ashton for the goal by letting him get goalside. I saw that from the 20/20 end and called it before the cross came in. It was so obvious. What is more concerning it happened time and time again with Tinson and Ashton.

teasybeaver

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 07:59:27 AM »

Can we give Thommo a call?  ;D

I have to say, I thought Tinson was never going to live up to it. I think we should put faith in Munroe and Rose forming a lasting relationship at the back.

louise1925

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 08:09:29 AM »

The Tinson-Munroe partnership is simply not working. I don't know which of them should be dropped as they've both been as bad as each other. Why is Rosey constantly overlooked? He's a fine defender with a decent past record. His partnership with Munroe last season (in the absence of supposedly 'better' players) was a great success. I'm not into slagging off new players after a few games, but on Saturday, a poor Grays attack looked like they could cause bedlam in our defence by just pumping the ball into the box.

andyc

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 08:41:13 AM »

Rose and Munroe at the back for me. Tinson is too slow and past his best. Rose is by far the best centre half we have and this was proved last season that this partnership worked well. Only trouble is that GH will always play Tinson just like he always favoured Band last season B4 Rose.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes afoot?