News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conference club being run properly shocker

Author Topic: Conference club being run properly shocker  (Read 3609 times)

samba

« on: May 09, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »

From the BBC:

Lewes re-emphasise new prudence

Lewes have issued a statement hinting that more players could leave the club before it takes its place in the Blue Square Premier next season.

Two of the club's Conference South title-winning side, Ian Simpemba and Andy Drury, have already left.

And Lewes say they are determined not to spend beyond their means.

The statement reads: "Too many clubs have in the past paid a costly penalty both on and off the pitch for overstretching themselves."

It also adds: "Despite the obvious opportunity of progress offered by a national league system, clubs have to realistically assess their own particular ability to play at a higher level."

Horsham say that Lewes have offered their defender Tom Graves the chance to move to the Dripping Pan.

Someone's been paying attention to the Goodwin school of club running!

Narcissist

Re: Conference club being run properly shocker
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »

From the BBC:

Lewes re-emphasise new prudence

Lewes have issued a statement hinting that more players could leave the club before it takes its place in the Blue Square Premier next season.

Two of the club's Conference South title-winning side, Ian Simpemba and Andy Drury, have already left.

And Lewes say they are determined not to spend beyond their means.

The statement reads: "Too many clubs have in the past paid a costly penalty both on and off the pitch for overstretching themselves."

It also adds: "Despite the obvious opportunity of progress offered by a national league system, clubs have to realistically assess their own particular ability to play at a higher level."

Horsham say that Lewes have offered their defender Tom Graves the chance to move to the Dripping Pan.

Someone's been paying attention to the Goodwin school of club running!

Be careful lewes. Remember that if you finish 4th bottom, its because you aren't worthy of the BSP and all teams above have a divine right to stay in the league because they have a Football league budget whether they can afford it or not!

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »

are lewes the next alty?

le bignose

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »

are lewes the next alty?

god help them !!!!  ;)

Lewes your in for a year of entertaining, out right attacking forward thinking football with quality players warming your bench ha!!

Sorry this suns just affecting me!!  ;D

fgrfan

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »

just interested but maybe clubs in the BSP do stick to budget and don't overspend - have you seen the accounts for each BSP club? not a moan just wondering whether you're completely right.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:46:17 PM »

just interested but maybe clubs in the BSP do stick to budget and don't overspend - have you seen the accounts for each BSP club? not a moan just wondering whether you're completely right.

That's plainly nonsense. Without even fishing, you can come up with Halifax and Crawley straight away and I am sure there are more whose crowds and outher income sources can not possibly cover their outgoings.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

fgrfan

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 04:48:37 PM »

That's plainly nonsense. Without even fishing, you can come up with Halifax and Crawley straight away and I am sure there are more whose crowds and outher income sources can not possibly cover their outgoings.

fair enough your right when it comes to those but you seem to think you're the only club that sticks to budget. i'm sure there are others...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 05:11:01 PM »

fair enough your right when it comes to those but you seem to think you're the only club that sticks to budget. i'm sure there are others...

I don't think that for one minute and I'm fairly sure no other Alty fan thinks that. I'm sure there are many clubs that live beyond their means and not just at this level, but I'm also sure there are many who don't. The authorities need to tighten up their rulings to prevent this from happening and then we would not have this ridiculous circus year after year.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

fgrfan

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »

thats fair enough. amazed clubs like crawley and halifax get away with how they're run. when at the end of the day it affects the fans who have to stay with the club while such businessman can just walk away.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »

thats fair enough. amazed clubs like crawley and halifax get away with how they're run. when at the end of the day it affects the fans who have to stay with the club while such businessman can just walk away.

Very true and it is the fans that ultimately suffer every time. There is only one way to stop crooks getting their hooks into football clubs and that is to change the laws that govern the game. The authorities need to wake up and smell the laundering.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team