News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves's goal tonight......

Author Topic: Reeves's goal tonight......  (Read 3998 times)

taxi Phil

« on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »

.....was absolutely brilliant. Right up there with the best I've seen in nearly 50 years at Moss Lane.

He tends to score a lot of "simple" goals (but being in the right place to bury them is his particular skill). If Wayne Rooney had scored that one we'd have seen it fifteen times on MOTD and Alan Hansen would be playing with himself on each rerun  ;)

I can hardly wait to relive it on Youtube please !

ArmchairAlty

Re: Reeves's goal tonight......
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:39:48 PM »

It seemed to take forever... absolutely brilliant!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:12:31 AM »

May be goal of season , how the f**k he scored from that angle

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:58 AM »

Reeves has improved this season, and seems to be more confident and clinical than he was last.

A lesson to be learned there I there I think.  ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »

.....was absolutely brilliant. Right up there with the best I've seen in nearly 50 years at Moss Lane.

He tends to score a lot of "simple" goals (but being in the right place to bury them is his particular skill). If Wayne Rooney had scored that one we'd have seen it fifteen times on MOTD and Alan Hansen would be playing with himself on each rerun  ;)

but Shearer wouldn't as I don't think he has a willy!

stalyvegas

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

He wouldn't have scored it had the Keeper not made a mistake.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 03:03:38 PM »

Is that a FACT?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »

Isn't it funny how you were all chumsy-wumsy before last nights match and have since turned into a proper big mard tart since then?
What could have brought that on?
Also, you need to get back on the Stalybridge forum and defend yourself as your 'friends' are having a go at you.  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »

So? Michael Welch scored from 70 yards for us a couple of years back. The keeper should have been on his line. But he wasn't. And it was the Conference Goal of the Season.

Ascot Alty

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 04:17:06 PM »

You caould make that statement about most goals. Right now you'd be better off on your own forum lambasting your keeper for being sh1te last night.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »

He tends to score a lot of "simple" goals (but being in the right place to bury them is his particular skill). If Wayne Rooney had scored that one we'd have seen it fifteen times on MOTD and Alan Hansen would be playing with himself on each rerun  ;)

You caould make that statement about most goals. Right now you'd be better off on your own forum lambasting your keeper for being sh1te last night.

I wasn't there but listened to RR and  just watched the highlights and it seemed like their keeper had a pretty good game apart from that one error. And I think most keepers would think they'd done ok if they pushed the ball away towards the bye line and had two players behind them, one on the line. I think only a striker who'd scored 30+ goals and was feeling like he could score from anywhere would have even tried that. I suspect most players would have turned away and lookd for a support run.  It was a very special finish.

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »

Didn't take a touch or a glance at the onion bag! Class
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team