News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Players

Author Topic: The Players  (Read 2302 times)

The Fan

The Players
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:17:25 AM »

"We cannot compete technically we are told because we are part time"
"We cannot compete physically we are told because we are part time"

The above are widely accepted by the vast majority of Alty fans. Most of us arrive knowing that there is a 75% chance we will not get a positive result. Do you know how frustrating that is as fans?

If the answer is yes then imagine this. We accept defeat and poor results due to circumstances. However, not playing with heart and determination is absolutely nothing to do with being part time. If we do not have passion then we have nothing and will, very quickly, disappear into the abyss.

So, whilst we are constantly reminded about what certain people have done for this club, I think that something is owed to the supporters of this club. Do you realise how lucky you are to have a following of *** (insert figure here) who are the most resilient and understanding fans in the top 5 divisions? We will put up with most things - but a lack of effort is unforgiveable.

So, if you cannot be bothered trying to bridge the gap that we all know exists, do let us all know.

Rant Over.

markecky

Re: The Players
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »

Very good post.

Despite the criticism of the fans this season right from the off, I agree that we are the most understanding in the league.

No other fans would put up with such a home record and not be clammering for heads somewhere along the line.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »

Ecky,

Spot on.

Alty supporters have watched their team play 13 games at Moss Lane in all competitions to date this season and lose 10 of them.

Under those depressing circumstances, their patience and ability to keep turning up for the next game should be admired!   
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:15:34 PM »

I was wondering.I am an ex long distant runner which i did as a hobby,i used to train 8 times sometimes 9 times a week and train upto 96 miles in a week if i was in training for a Marathon.Now i was doing all this training while working full time.If i can do training of this lvl then i was wondering do our players do any extra training on their own or do they just do the 2 nights a week with the club.if they were doing runs(with club agreement) then their fitness lvls would go up,or am i barking up the wrong tree.
Harold

Alex

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:24:46 PM »

i think a lot of that would mean the managment would have to trust that the players would be doing this extra training and it then becomes about personal motivation and desire to preform at your best. (im not saying any of our lads are dishonest just saying it is a lot of trust to do that kind of extra training in the players own time)

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »

peter band was a runner. if you told him he had to play two 90 minute games back to back he'd probably say ok.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »

What i meant was if the manager agreed they could go out for a run or to the gym solong as it did not upset their training pattern with the club.A 5 mile run would only take 28/30 minutes thats not a great deal of time
Harold

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 06:03:49 PM »

What i meant was if the manager agreed they could go out for a run or to the gym solong as it did not upset their training pattern with the club.A 5 mile run would only take 28/30 minutes thats not a great deal of time

I reckon they keep themselves as fit as they can or they should do!  Some of them do physical jobs which take it out of you every day.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »

fair enough
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Players