News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two Things From Yesterday

Author Topic: Two Things From Yesterday  (Read 2134 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »

Absolute great resut yesteday, two things that stood out for me were :

1 - Peyton not even on the bench.

2 - Meechan started instead of Ellam.

Two barve decisions from the management and fair play to them

Bring on Tuesday and as the Barrow manager said 'it's a 6 pointer'
Full time and proud of it

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
Re: Two Things From Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »

Absolute great resut yesteday
Absolutely

1 - Peyton not even on the bench.
There wasn't a defensive player on the bench. Danylyk was the closest thing.

2 - Meechan started instead of Ellam.
Is Elam fully fit? He looked pretty sharp when he came on but maybe not 'match fit' yet.
Maybe Denham is a bit more defence-minded although I thought Elam worked hard enough for the team when he did come on.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »

I went to the Woking match last year and we were dire. The worse of two poor teams. It was a shokingly poor game.

The team and performance today was unrecognisable. I thought the team showed desire and attacking intent throughout. We deserved to win on our first half performance and having more and better chances throughout. It was thoroughly deserved and not a 'nicked' away win.

My view of the performance :

Stu - solid as ever. Nothing much to do and can't take any blame for the goal (imo).

Defence looked sound but I thought Woking were poor up front. So wait to see on that. Woking tried everything to get the ball to their wide right man and Doughty (with help from Denham) didn't give him a sniff.

Central Midfield - solid in the first half and some decent distribution. Maybe looking to go to the front two when we had wingers(!!). If we are going to play two wide men then they need to get more of the ball. Maybe at home....  Probably got caught on the ball too often. Maybe they'll move the ball quicker as the understanding improves through the season.
Thought Danylyk looked useful when he came on. Seemed to shore things up at a time when Woking were starting to dominate.

Wide midfield. Ok but, until Elam came on, I don't remember either of them actually getting past the full-backs. Good work by Meecham to get into the box for the first goal and a calm finish. I thought Elam looked sharp once he got the ball going forward. Could be great for us.

Up front. The difference between the teams. Johnson seems to be the target man we've need for ages. Strong with his back to goal, good in the air and decent on the ground. Did well to get beyond his marker for the first and produced a good shot. Kept playing while obviously carrying an injury in the second half - obviously wants to play! Hope he can stay fit. Colin - different class. What a turn and finish for the goal. But he also worked hard all game between Johnson and the midfield. He may not have been mentioned on commentaries but he was in there working for the team and waiting for his chance.

I liked the free kick routines showed some imagination and Greg Young should have done better with the header on the end of the one early in the second half. I though the delivery (from Doughty?) from corners and wide free kicks was excellent too.

I thought the substitutions were well-timed and brave too. We kept 4-4-2 throughout. Would have been easy to go to 4-5-1 when Street came off taking off Johnson (who was struggling) instead. So well done to the management team too.

A brilliant start to the season and even if we can't match the result every week it should be worth watching!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »

Well PR good summary, based on the clips on u tube I agree with what you say.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team