PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dead wood!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dead wood!  (Read 7251 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Dead wood!
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »

Some of you are saying, "get rid of the dead wood", "bring in new players etc.
I would be interested to know which of the squad you would let go?

eightiesrobin

Re: Dead wood!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »

I can't believe you need to ask.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »

I can't believe you need to ask.

Please enlighten me?
For what I have read this season on this forum, it could be the whole squad!!!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »

Well, the unused and apparently unusable would be a start.

Wilkinson has been treated pretty badly for the past 11 months. Evidently not good enough to play for Lee last season. Shouldn't have been given a new contract. Waste of Wilko's career and the club's money.

Mike Williams - one game in 12 months. Another who should never have been re-engaged. Part of me thinks that, after waiting (and paying) for so long to bring him back to fitness, then he should at least have a run of games.

That's for starters.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 03:19:36 PM »

The rest of the dead wood is a matter of opinion. I have mine.

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »

Alas, I agree that both Greg Wilkinson and Mike Williams should probably be released. It was Greg's goal that secured our promotion and Mike was superb for us at the beginning of last season, but time moves on and neither of these lads are getting a gig at the mo. The money saved should be used to bring in another defender who can cover in the absence of either full back.

ripleym

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »

I don't know players at this level like some do, but (rather than just quote a wishlist) who would be available and come in to actually do a job were we to clear this dead wood?

bumble

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »

Wilkinson and Mike Williams for starter - If wilkos part of some future plan, out on loan somewhere, with them covering some of the wage, and bring in a fresh young winger. Williams should go. He wont play a game this season in my eyes.

Gillspies has to prove himself worth of a spot. Fitness and sharpness for starters need to be upped - be it on loan or regular game time. If not, adios.

Players to be brought in? Erm, well Wrexham and Halifax must have squad players avaliable for loan. Milne, Connors and Im sure there was a 3rd, all featured from Mansfield who were top of the table during our fight last time.

Bury sat in 3rd probably would have someone either first team squad twiddling their thumbs.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 05:57:32 PM »

Well, the unused and apparently unusable would be a start.

Wilkinson has been treated pretty badly for the past 11 months. Evidently not good enough to play for Lee last season. Shouldn't have been given a new contract. Waste of Wilko's career and the club's money.

Mike Williams - one game in 12 months. Another who should never have been re-engaged. Part of me thinks that, after waiting (and paying) for so long to bring him back to fitness, then he should at least have a run of games.

That's for starters.

Do we know if these two players are on weekly contracts, or season contracts?

GB Alty

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 06:02:12 PM »

Some of you are saying, "get rid of the dead wood", "bring in new players etc.
I would be interested to know which of the squad you would let go?
Gillespie
Crowther
Cavanagh
M Williams
Wilkinson
Marshall

In that order as well

roytonmike

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

As I have said in another place, Wilkinson & M. Williams are prime candidates & really didn't justify being kept on in May. Gillespie & Crowther haven't proved themselves either fitness- or ability-wise & need to convince before the January window. Marshall & Cavanagh have shown ability in certain areas & are therefore useful to the squad; others have more faith in S. Williams than I do. There will be no movement before January in my opinion - wheeling & dealing can take place then but before that time the only players who could be taken on permanently would currently be free agents and therefore not of any proven value. I don't think any loans will be struck at this stage. I hope more use may be made of one or two of the youngsters in the interim (though the fact that we hear next to nothing about them may be ominous; how many of Brown, King, Pouncey & Gilroy are still on the strength?).

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 08:12:18 PM »

Gillespie
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 12:12:55 AM »

I'd keep Cavanagh. Wilkinson and Mike Williams I agree should go.

Gillespie and Crowther need to be sent out on loan and monitored closely. If they don't sharpen up, they too should be made available in January.

Which means we need a minimum of three DECENT loan players in the interim. And where do we find these players ? Sinnott's talent spotting abilities seem to be totally underwhelming unfortunately.

M17

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 06:47:15 AM »

Been reading on the forum for a while had to post now as why when we get beat (by any team) the world falls apart and every one gets slagged off totally different story when we win won't do any of them any good reading these story's so let's get behind them all and give them 100% support

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 07:29:12 AM »

Been reading on the forum for a while had to post now as why when we get beat (by any team) the world falls apart and every one gets slagged off totally different story when we win won't do any of them any good reading these story's so let's get behind them all and give them 100% support
it's probably some thing to do with 7 hours journey the cash spent and the spineless performance . Did you go out of interest ?
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dead wood!