PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now we've got one!!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Now we've got one!!  (Read 3855 times)

samba

Re: Now we've got one!!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »

From my Stoke loving friend, in reference to the good sir Shotton.

Very good, slightly violent, no chance of ever playing (for Stoke). Plays everywhere

Wonder what the odds on him getting sent off are... :D

Pity he isn't forward then he may have got a "Shotton target"!!!!
Now that's worth a goodwin!

markecky

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »

Yes I misunderstood you Ecky.   :(

I prefer Munroe to Rosie as well.  Rosie seems to be a squad man at the moment, nothing wrong in that thou as we have just started a long season and will no doubt need later on in the season.

How do you think Tinson has done this season Ecky?  I think he has done well considering he has had two different keepers behind him this season, had to bond a relationship with Karl and is joint leading scorer!

I haven't seen every game this season (due to work commitments before anyone tuts) but the ones I have seen I have been impressed with his organisational skills.  A little unsure on his "head it whatever height it is" policy but he is a footballer and I am sat in office eating hula hoops.  I think he needs a pacey man with him (like Shotton from what I read) and I like the panic he can cause at a corner.

Good signing I reckon, although not the best.  That is Chris Lane for me, one of the bright spots of the season for me.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »

Shott-on board
www.thisistrafford.co.uk

By Connor Murphy
Comment
ALTY have signed Stoke City youngster Ryan Shotton on a one-month loan deal.

The 18-year-old centre half will go straight into the Robins' squad for tomorrow's game against Woking.

Shotton signed professional terms with Stoke this summer and has been a regular in the club's reserve side.

Standing at 6ft 1ins, he will add height to the Alty defence, as well as pace and strength.

"He's only a young lad but I've watched him a few times and he looks like a good player," said Alty boss Graham Heathcote.

"In the next couple of games we'll be playing against some big forwards, so we needed some height and strength at the back.

"He'll also give us more pace than we had before."

Shotton will continue training full-time at Stoke, while also joining up with the Moss Lane side for their twice-weekly training sessions.

His signing comes at the perfect time, as centre half Karl Munroe will miss the next three games through suspension.

Also ruled out for tomorrow's trip to Woking are long-term injury casualties Gary Scott and Val Owen and midfielder Gareth Whalley, who tweaked his hamstring in Saturday's 3-1 defeat to Oxford.

Striker Matty Berkeley is also still on international duty with the St Kitts and Nevis under-23 side.

@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now we've got one!!