PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Match OFF  (Read 6106 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Match OFF
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:22:55 PM »

Wankers, just move it now

eightiesrobin

Re: Match OFF
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 01:23:22 PM »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

Odds on to be runners up in the Knobsock of the Season Award now  :D

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »

It was never going to be on, and I wouldn't put money on them being able to play on that pitch on Saturday.

LymmRobin

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »

At some point, shouldn't this tie revert back to us?

ripleym

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 02:30:05 PM »

How playable is our pitch at the moment?

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »

It probably isn't, but that's irrelevant. We'd have moved the tie to an alternate venue by now.

ripleym

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »

It probably isn't, but that's irrelevant. We'd have moved the tie to an alternate venue by now.

It was more in response to the question about it reverting to us.  Presumably the governing.body would step in at some point if the 'home' team can't fulfil the fixture.

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 03:46:44 PM »

The rule of thumb used to be that after three postponements the away club could request a switch - but I don't think it's ever been automatic. In the present case we would probably end up looking for a neutral ground ourselves. However, if the FA are serious about 'keeping the competition on track', as I think they said in their earlier email to clubs, you would have thought they'd have told Leamington to get a neutral ground organised before now. Actions speak louder than words.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »

There was a comment on Twitter last night from the Leamington Chairman saying their Manager had spoken to the Coleshill Manager about using their ground, so they do seem to be looking at alternatives, even if publicly they are insisting it's at their ground.

The rule of thumb used to be that after three postponements the away club could request a switch - but I don't think it's ever been automatic. In the present case we would probably end up looking for a neutral ground ourselves. However, if the FA are serious about 'keeping the competition on track', as I think they said in their earlier email to clubs, you would have thought they'd have told Leamington to get a neutral ground organised before now. Actions speak louder than words.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 04:04:01 PM »

How angry is their chairman today?

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »

We seem very keen to critise Leamington and I agree 2 of the games were called of to late,however would we want to swap a home tie we earned after a good away draw also we can't have a go about anybody's pitch granted the Alty pitch with the weather and Moss land isn't so much are fault either

Bath Alty

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »

I don't think anyone is blaming them for the state of the pitch, they can't control the weather or the local geology.  We are blaming them for a complete lack of realism when dealing with the pitch issue (that isn't their fault)

Postponment 1 : Tweet on morning of match "pitch firm and dry, game on"
Postponment 2 : Tweet on afternoon of match "thanks to volunteers, pitch is playable"
Postpoment 3 : rearranged for 24 hours later when weather forecast was more rain - how was that ever going to be playable
Any attempt to play the match since remedial work on the ground is never going to happen as that new turf will simply come away when any sideways pressure is applied

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »

Off the Leamington FC official site.............

Following the postponement of our FA Trophy 1st Round replay tie on Thursday, it has been agreed that the tie will be played at the Phillips 66 Community Stadium on Saturday 16 January with a 3pm KO. The pitch has improved well over the course of Thursday afternoon and with a dry weather forecast between now and Saturday evening the club are confident the pitch will become playable. However we are looking at contingency measures should the forecast change and the pitch deteriorates. Updates will appear here and on our social media channels.
(My bold).

Is this just more spin ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »

Quote from: Altyrocket link=topic=20982.msg243826#msg243826

Is this just more spin ?
[/quote

Now THERE'S an idea....settle it on the spin of a coin. Now where's my double headed penny ?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF