PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marc Joseph for England,.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Marc Joseph for England,.....  (Read 6105 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »

......yes I know he's too old and already capped by Antigua/Barbuda, but he was OUTSTANDING AGAIN today. He took a while to settle when he first came and got a hell of a lot of stick on here for a while, (from Forumites who will remain nameless) but he must be one of our best and most consistent performers for us now week in week out, and set up the goal with a great header too ;)

I know the whole team played really well, (without exception) and considering the wholesale changes from Wrexham I really didnt expect this result, and it's probably unfair to single out anyone for praise (well done Kenny too),...but here goes............

Well done Marc. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

markecky

Re: Marc Joseph for England,.....
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »

Its great to see him play well and although its not been week in, week out, its been this week.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »

Most consistent players week in week out? What are you talking about, did you see him in the first game against curzon??

Fair play to mark if he had a good game today but let's not overstate his influence on the team at this point!

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

Fair play to Marc he was brilliant today and against Wrexham, great header down for our goal today.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »

Might it be the influence of a hungry young whippersnapper on loan?

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »

His main problem is that we've often played him on the left of the back four. When he plays more centrally, or on the right, he looks much more comfortable.

Ironically, it was on the left that he quite impressed me in pre-season ! I've been one of his biggest critics until the last few games, and I'm delighted that he's starting to come good.

And that dreadful showing at Curzon in the abandoned match ? Yup - he played on the left.

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

His main problem is that we've often played him on the left of the back four. When he plays more centrally, or on the right, he looks much more comfortable.

Ironically, it was on the left that he quite impressed me in pre-season ! I've been one of his biggest critics until the last few games, and I'm delighted that he's starting to come good.

And that dreadful showing at Curzon in the abandoned match ? Yup - he played on the left.

I beg to differ. Wasn't Ryan Brown actually playing on the left?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »

Brown made both the errors for their first two goals, not Joseph who was no worse than the rest that match,....anyway who cares about that abandoned game now anyway?

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »

Most consistent players week in week out? What are you talking about, did you see him in the first game against curzon??

Fair play to mark if he had a good game today but let's not overstate his influence on the team at this point!

I'd say Player of the Year !!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

The central pillar of a defence that has yet to concede a goal this year.

James Smith will be struggling to get his best position back if Marco keeps his current form up !

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »

Brown made both the errors for their first two goals, not Joseph who was no worse than the rest that match,....anyway who cares about that abandoned game now anyway?

Seeing as it is the only game of the season I have managed to get to, I care. I care because it was an absolute f**king disgrace. And I also care because it just shows the difference between a day like that and a day like today and the two completely differing emotions.

Anyway, as has been said, 2 games don't make you consistent, however it is a start. If he continues to impress then fair play to the lad. And I hope he does, even if it is just to erase that memory of him falling over infront of a Curzon striker from my mind...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 08:58:26 PM »

Seeing as it is the only game of the season I have managed to get to, I care. I care because it was an absolute f**king disgrace. And I also care because it just shows the difference between a day like that and a day like today and the two completely differing emotions.

Anyway, as has been said, 2 games don't make you consistent, however it is a start. If he continues to impress then fair play to the lad. And I hope he does, even if it is just to erase that memory of him falling over infront of a Curzon striker from my mind...

Joseph has been playing well for sometime now, not just this game, if you recall he was MOM against Fleetwood as well.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree on the consistency thing but as i've said already, fair play to him and lets hope he keeps growing for this year...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:46 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree on the consistency thing but as i've said already, fair play to him and lets hope he keeps growing for this year...

I am not the only fan who sees most Alty matches that really rate Marc now, although he is less effective on the left as some have said. He is proving to be a good addition after all which is good news isnt it ;)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »

I am not the only fan who sees most Alty matches that really rate Marc now, although he is less effective on the left as some have said. He is proving to be a good addition after all which is good news isnt it ;)

Anyone that has played at Wembley for three different clubs must be a class act ? 

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »

Anyone that has played at Wembley for three different clubs must be a class act ? 

Yet more proof of his outstanding pedigree, shame his pants were so long they actually went over his socks today, he looked like Stanley Matthews,...??? well a bit ;D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team