PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another victory squandered
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Another victory squandered  (Read 8953 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 29, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »

Ive never known a football club that fails to win so many games from being 2 and 3 goals infront, we need to sort this out asap or this season is going to be a write off, the title is looking out of the question already after 6 games

Longman

Re: Another victory squandered
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:04:45 PM »

Absolutely appalling start.

joe

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »

To be fair to Guiseley they were the best side we've played this season and thoroughly deserved atleast a point. Our first eleven isn't too bad what's left over on the bench is dross and we need it sortin,but it's easier said than done. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil than Summerskill and Mulholland is Steve Pennington with pace. They're both only young and may have potential but they aren't the answer this season. I'm not just singleing those two but i don't want to drone on all night because i'm actually quite happy with a point today against a decent side.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:16:30 PM »

I'm sure they are a good side but to give away a 2 goal lead twice in a week is scandelous. 6 points from 6 games is not good enough, it it wouldn't be a decent start in the bsp, never mind the bsn.Gloucester is not going to be easy either

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »

Problem is now that even when we go two or three a head there will be doubt in the players heads WHICH THERE SHOULD NOT BE ..... We should be confident at that point, esp at home.

We need to nip this in the bud, one match seen out should give them some confidence and get rid of worries.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 05:18:16 PM »

Spot on Moses. That was not a two goal throwaway against a terrible side. They were third for a reason and played some good stuff.

With ten men we actually did well to not lose and keep attacking.

We have to start winning soon no question and there is a lot if defensive questions.

This season we seem to be unable to give other teams any credit or possibility of doing anything.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

To be fair to Guiseley they were the best side we've played this season and thoroughly deserved atleast a point.

A fair point, doubt we will see many other teams better than them at Moss Lane this season, so that at least is a positive.

I don't think we deserved to win 2-0, but at the same time throwing away the lead is unforgivable. Did we not take anything from Vauxhall.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »

This season we seem to be unable to give other teams any credit or possibility of doing anything.

This. I think too many people were of the impression that this league was "tin-pot" and that after a reasonable pre-season we would walk into a promotion spot without breaking into a sweat. Frankly, I don't really know where such confidence came from.

It's not a great start and I shouldn't think anybody is happy with it, but a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »

Thought we were lucky to take a two goal lead in 1st place, but we must learn to defend better , Jones is looking dodgey think we miss Flynn , still were only 5 points off playoff position so keep the faith .

DavidP

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »

Mr Chow it you ever thought we could win the league your a fool. Wish our fans would get real we need to rebuild the team. Lee if you read this take your time  and keep doing what your doing as I have never seen Alty play the ball on the ground so much in 18 years of supporting Alty

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

The bookies made us title favourites, of course we should be challenging for it

joe

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »

The bookies are clueless when it comes to non league football.

DavidP

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »

(cookies make us favourites) doesn't mean jack as they have not watched us for nearly 20 years. Think I know more about Alty than the bookies. Sorry rant over just want people to lower their expectations of the team cheers

DavidP

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »

I meant bookies not cookies oh well I'm really hungry cya

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »

I think the point is that as a relegated side we should have been aiming to get promoted this season. The fact that people say we shouldn't be aiming for that is because the squad isn't good enough. There are other clubs that have made a much better start than us, with the same or less resources. If sinnott has got it wrong with the players he has brought in then we should admit that fact but give him the opportunity to change things around.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:35:18 PM by im not really here »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team