PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Has Colin Little got a younger brother?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Has Colin Little got a younger brother?  (Read 6399 times)

whopper

Re: Has Colin Little got a younger brother?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 09:02:26 AM »

I think that, given Ballers has actual experience of playing non-league, I'm inclined to row in with him.
well u really should look at it from both sides as I don't think ballers has played in the prem!!!!, in the premiership u do get periods where players are inclined to jockey rather than tackle a player, but only small periods,u actually get longer periods of this in non league as the fitness is lower, when the game is at full pace tackles are intermittent in the prem, anyway glad we got this myth sorted ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:05:32 AM by Papa Baba-Plop »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »

I know that I really ought to just let this peter out in the hope that Mr Pooey Plop, or whatever todays nom de plum might be, just buggers off and leaves us all in peace

However I have to take issue with (a) his categorisation of an entirely sound (and fairly well supported) hypothesis as a myth and (b) his seemingly unilateral declaration that it is sorted (whatever that might be supposed to mean)

I suppose I should brace myself now for a new torrent of insignificance and general twaddle

whopper

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »

This is the main reason why I relegated u from my social sites  ;D
Phil have u ever spoked to a top level player about this myth? Thought not, becuase they would laugh at you

There is absolutely no evidence to back up this myth either, the only thing that should be taken into account  is the size difference in pitches. Over 10 yards prem players absolutely smoke non league players so contact happens quicker, thank u and goodnight Phil
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:34:41 PM by Papa Baba-Plop »

joe

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »

I know that I really ought to just let this peter out in the hope that Mr Pooey Plop, or whatever todays nom de plum might be, just buggers off and leaves us all in peace

However I have to take issue with (a) his categorisation of an entirely sound (and fairly well supported) hypothesis as a myth and (b) his seemingly unilateral declaration that it is sorted (whatever that might be supposed to mean)

I suppose I should brace myself now for a new torrent of insignificance and general twaddle

Just leave him in his own little world Phil,hopefully he'll get bored eventually.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »

Plop did you ever see the Alty side which drew with Spurs ? the skill level is lower so the physical side takes preference, at the top level charging around makes a mug of players so they hold back and challenge when the ball is loose. FFS mate.

whopper

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »

Plop did you ever see the Alty side which drew with Spurs ? the skill level is lower so the physical side takes preference, at the top level charging around makes a mug of players so they hold back and challenge when the ball is loose. FFS mate.
that was 30 years ago ffs!!! Totally different game, I don't know why I bother!!!!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »

why don't you just agree to disagree, you've got different opinions, you're not going to agree and it's getting tedious. Just leave it now, who even cares?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

whopper

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

why don't you just agree to disagree, you've got different opinions, you're not going to agree and it's getting tedious. Just leave it now, who even cares?
[/quote good shout I'm bored now, 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Has Colin Little got a younger brother?