PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That hurt...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: That hurt...  (Read 4923 times)

altyf

Re: That hurt...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

I cant comment on your games over the season but if you play like you did at Guiseley you will have no trouble next season you was by far the better team in the first half on Monday. Two lapses in defence early on in the second half lost you the game also the linesman made two mistakes one offside for Guiseley when he was clearly onside and one for alty. Keep faith in your team and manager you will be okay

Spot on!

bumble

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 08:55:54 PM »

Guisley fan if you read this, perhaps you could tell us why you seem to have 4/5 dogs in attedance yesterday?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »

Here's a thought. The defence has, rightly or wrongly, had a lot of criticism. However, is it a good defensive holding midfielder or 2 we have been missing all season supporting the defence leaving the defence too open?

Your thoughts!

Whilst the criticism has been rightly I think there is certainly something in that yes. We've basically used about ten centre halves this season and all of them have looked terrible (although i like Matty Flynn and Lynch who played well on Satday from what I saw). But surely they can't all have been completely inept? v Hyde they seemed to be attacking our full backs somewhat. We are also very open in our style. Lawrie never ever tucks in when we haven't got the ball, nor does he seem to be encouraged to. I've seen United do this in friendlies against us and it's good. At this level, it's bad.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That hurt...