PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 On the plus side........
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On the plus side........  (Read 9245 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: On the plus side........
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 09:49:30 PM »

Reeves will score at least five goals this season...
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »

Reeves will score at least five goals this season...

I reckon you can double that. I don't think he's fully fit yet, and he hasn't got the right support at the moment.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 10:38:28 PM »

Smith impressed (as per usual)   McCarthy showed real promise and worked hard on his debut.. Looking forward to seeing lots more of him.

The team looked dis-jointed probably down to injuries...

Alty's season starts in earnest on Sat when Kiddy come calling.... Apart from Southport we have now played the fancied teams Kiddy Gateshead, Eastbourne & Barrow are all winnable games....

Altrinchman

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »

The boy McCarthy did well..Smithy did well.The rest looked a bit lost...we need a bit of luck somewhere.I hope Steve Burr provides it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Smithy
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 11:15:59 PM »

Today was not Smithy's best game in all honesty. The back 3 never got tight enough and backed off at will giving the midfielders too much space to cover.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 12:23:38 AM »

This lad was the one ray of sunshine on a horribly depressing afternoon. He showed more spark in just over an hour than most of the attacking players have managed all season !

On the minus side, Matty Crowell played so deep he should have been wearing a diver's suit, and his distribution was awful. Holmes was ineffective, and as for Twiss I'd get rid of him tomorrow morning.

Phil,

Could be a problem there, as he's allegedly on a two year contract.

Not sure who sanctioned that piece of business.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

brian1925

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »

In fairness, Michael Twiss is the one new signing we haven't really seen a great deal of yet. What we need is a predator and he may yet prove to be that striker. I've seen Damien Reeves run his heart out against Macc and Mansfield and miss guilt edged chances in both games. Robbie will shore us up a bit in midfield and Chrissy Denham will give us some pace up front, but apart from that we really do need a replacement for poor Marc Joseph, who is not a centre back. The huge Bencheriff at Macc doesn't seem to be getting a gig at the moment with Brown and Morgan first choice - could be worth a punt. Also, with the greatest respect to Holmes and Holsgrove, they don't look Conference National, do they?  Surely there is a loan striker out there, perhaps in one of the local league teams that GH has a contact with?

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »

What has happened to Lee Steele that he's dropped down to Evo-Stik with Ashton United ? If they can afford him, I'm damn sure we can, and he's pretty useful !

Butty

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »

Where are Joseph and Brown playing? If Brown is a wing back, he has to do more to cover the defence, if Joseph is playing full back, he needs to come out wide.

thegazelle

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:42 PM »

message from confused africa. if reeves is too small for this league!!! Just how small is he? smaller than Chris senior who wasnt too small for this league?

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »

message from confused africa. if reeves is too small for this league!!! Just how small is he? smaller than Chris senior who wasnt too small for this league?

Not as short as Chris, but quite slightly built.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »

Absolutely agree, he looked the brightest Alty player on the pitch.

I also agree with Ecky's other post about the fans. However, not only must the fans stand up and be counted, so should the players and the management. I know we've had a few injuries to some key players, but we lack total creativity - Why? I honestly don't understand?

There is a lack of belief at the club at the minute, and whilst Heathcote will be supported to the bitter end by some people, he needs to instill some belief in HIS team. In the last 3 games i've seen him be apopleptic at times - picking on individual players who in my opinion have been probably amongst the best on the pitch. Then today after seeing his arse he spends the majority of the second half ignoring the game and not seeming to give a toss about what's happening on the pitch. We need to encourage players.... not condemn and ridicule them in front of other teams, how must those lads feel walking off the pitch knowing they're going to get a hammering at every half and/or full time? If they don't perform fair enough. But I thought we looked pretty good for the first 15 - 20 mins of both halves today. We also did OK in the first half at York. The Crawley and Southport games were fairly even - albeit not the greatest football....

I know that we're going to struggle this year, We have to expect that given we have one of the lowest budgets in the league, but lets at least go down trying, creating chances and playing decent football and even if we are losing 2, 3 or 4 - 0 , lets go down as a collective.

We need a performance next week and we need to do it together Fans, Players and Management.

I think I agree with pretty well all of that.

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 07:48:03 PM »

The way players are being written off after six games is absolutely ludicrous.

Remember how Robbie Williams started? People said he was too nervous and couldn't head the ball. After a run in the side he proved himself to be a decent defender. The same with others, including Dale, who underwhelmed in his first few months at the club.

Quite how people have decided Reeves is sub-par I don't know. He's already got a goal, and looks a willing worker. Missing a couple of chances is no big deal, at least he's been in the positions. Twiss has proven quality. I accept the point that offering him 2 years was a slightly odd choice given his age, but if we can get him fit, he'll score and create goals.

If we stick together and back the players, I'm confident we'll come good.

altyshop

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »

which summer signing has impressed people the most, i dont think one player (except dale returning from injury) is better then the players from last season who have either left or been released

GK. Russ or Coates - Obviously Coates not played so no coment yet
DF. Youngy - Joseph
MF.Doran- Crowell
     Mcready-Carden     
FC.Maclasiky-Johnson
     Senior-Reeves
     Little-Twiss/Mccarthy
I think last seasons outgoing players are of better quality of this seasons incomings
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 On the plus side........