PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is anyone else concerned?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is anyone else concerned?  (Read 13393 times)

Jezza

« on: August 01, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »

I think this has been a disappointing pre season.....poor results against the lower sides does not bode well for a turn round in our cup and trophy jinxes....

I had high hopes for our new giant in midfield as he sounded the sort of chap to give us that bit more muscle but he's not mentioned in our best starting XI.

Rankine I think is an excellent signing but we needed two or three excellent signings and he only replaces Kyle Perry although I think we may get a little more consistency from him.

Its the same defence no cover for left or right back apart from scott leather and the best midfield is turning into the same old argument who plays on the right and I can see that position being shared again between james lawrie (better just behind a front two) simon richman and Jordan sinnot.....and when nicky clee is out we'll see james lawrie struggling out there again.

And what worries me is Lee's track record in bringing anyone in once the season has started is dire...he just shuffles the pack desperately.

I don't think what we've bought in is better than what we released....and I think the league is going to be harder this year...other clubs are having impressive reults against young premiership sides and smashing the weaker goal practice sides......

Now I've been so negative we'll probably pi&& this tinpot league.....

andrewflynn

Re: Is anyone else concerned?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 12:08:06 PM »

Will answer after today's showing.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 12:18:45 PM »

Preseason results mean absolutely nothing. We've got five players that can play right back, three centre halves and three that can play left back. I've been to the majority of friendlies and seen the same handful of people at most of them. The new players are being written off before a ball has been kicked in anger, in the main by people who've not seen them play! Had we gone full strength against abbey hey witton and Trafford we clearly would have won all three games. These are glorified training sessions, and for all we know the squad isn't complete yet. we've a really tough opening 10 games, but we can only do what we can do. Weve lost twice in preseason, once in a game we played about 7 differing formations, and a defeat by Crewe. I'll be concerned if we are in trouble at Christmas. But let's get some perspective, some of these lads we've signed will have had no more than a couple of training sessions with us. I remember Nicky clee and Shaun densmore both getting the not good enough treatment early doors. Burscough beat united under 21s last night, u21 football in this country is toss.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »

Pre season results do not bother me one bit.

Players holding back from challenges in pre season does not worry me one bit.

What worries me is if the team is not gelling and the players are not fit.

Provided we are good to go next week then great, if not then oooops we have a problem.

And.................if we dont win next week then again so what. there are many more games to follow. If we dont win and we get battered and the players are all over the show and arguing with each other then i will be concerned.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »

Come 3:01 pm next Saturday, pre season will be a distant memory. Means absolutely nothing apart from the players getting a bit of fitness and sharpness.

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 11:36:54 PM »

I think this has been a disappointing pre season.....poor results against the lower sides does not bode well for a turn round in our cup and trophy jinxes....

I had high hopes for our new giant in midfield as he sounded the sort of chap to give us that bit more muscle but he's not mentioned in our best starting XI.

Rankine I think is an excellent signing but we needed two or three excellent signings and he only replaces Kyle Perry although I think we may get a little more consistency from him.

Its the same defence no cover for left or right back apart from scott leather and the best midfield is turning into the same old argument who plays on the right and I can see that position being shared again between james lawrie (better just behind a front two) simon richman and Jordan sinnot.....and when nicky clee is out we'll see james lawrie struggling out there again.

And what worries me is Lee's track record in bringing anyone in once the season has started is dire...he just shuffles the pack desperately.

I don't think what we've bought in is better than what we released....and I think the league is going to be harder this year...other clubs are having impressive reults against young premiership sides and smashing the weaker goal practice sides......

spot on - excellent post

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 12:29:36 AM »

Put very simply...in reply to the original question (which incidentally seems to me to have been YET MORE $h!t stirring by Jezza)

No, not at all concerned at present

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:44 AM »

I'm not concerned to the point I think it's a lost cause. Clearly, the players retained from last season are good enough to keep us up, if they stay fit.The concern is that Cav has not been adequately replaced. That was always going to be a tall order, since we did pretty well to get a player of that calibre in the first instance. If I was a betting man, I'd say anything between 17th and 20th place was likely.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »

We have kept most of last seasons team together , so the new signings hopefully will strengthen the squad ,  Rankine is certainly a better player than Perry , O' Keefe looks OK , Bowerman gives us more options up front , Deacey will give Stu some real competition , Griffith jury still out , not sure he is replacement for Cav , same with Sinnott .

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

I'm concerned we haven't scored many goals and out those we have,  1 was gifted and Rankine bullied himself a brace.
We've not created anything like enough chances.  Don't think their keeper made a save yesterday.
Full time and proud of it

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »

Clearly a wind up, the season hasn't started yet!

Trouty

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 08:18:14 PM »

No not at all really looking forward to this season

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 12:09:21 AM »

Clearly a wind up, the season hasn't started yet!

I don't agree with what Jezza has posted, but I think his arguments are reasonable.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »

Absolute nonsense. It's unbelievable! Before a ball has even been kicked there is a ridiculous amount of negative $hit on this forum. I'm fairly sure a lot of the people who are being negative haven't even seen 1 pre season match.

And as others have said pre season results don't matter. Judge after Saturday.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 10:22:48 AM »

We have kept most of last seasons team together , so the new signings hopefully will strengthen the squad ,  Rankine is certainly a better player than Perry , O' Keefe looks OK , Bowerman gives us more options up front , Deacey will give Stu some real competition , Griffith jury still out , not sure he is replacement for Cav , same with Sinnott .
This is true but you're being very optimistic here. None of the signings stand out for me. Like someone said before, we're not making any chances, however I think we have moved the ball round very well at some points. We'll just have to see how it goes!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team