PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SHOCKING
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SHOCKING  (Read 9682 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
SHOCKING
« on: October 24, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

We were shocking today, embarrassing… they wanted it more and bullied us

Williams – over rated and immobile
Densmore – As mentioned a week or two back, having a shocking season for his standard
Lawton – not good enough unless really fit and can ONLY play centre mid
Danylyk – just isn’t quite good enough, too slow
Clee – many times in the past wingers have been slammed because they had no end product, again we have a winger with no end product. Might do a good run now and again, whoopy flaming do !!! not good enough
Burns – lightweight, spent all game on the floor
Little – love the legend but age is catching him, only can play with quality around him and in Burns that is not it !!! McKenna would have been more influential up top today, bit of strength

Can not believe Young started on the bench when they have two tall strong guys upfront who are handy. Lost without Denham and Senior. Gutted about Dale, because we are a completely different team with him up top.

I appreciate that we have had bad luck with injuries and suspensions but I feel like I have been ripped off today. Poor poor effort. Gutted we needed a good run. I left early but I said to my brother I hope we keep our discipline and then I find out our best centre mid will be missing for 3 games. sh*t day and I hate Mansfield – horrible place !!!!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SHOCKING
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »

And there was me at the same time typing "naming no names" in my post!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »

Don't care about naming names because the lads were sh*te today, FA Cup game and we just did not want it !!!! rubbish, been happy watching Alty this season but today they deserve to get slammed !!!!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »

Agree with your assessments of the players performances today (mostly) but these are the same players that are giving us our best season for many a year.

Nicky Clee has been excellent before today, and I thought Burns ran and ran today.  Williams is a young centre half who was poor today but has been playing well.

Today was a collective disaster but these have not become bad players overnight.

As you said, feel totally let down today but lets stay behind them.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »

I will stay behind them but they need to know that they let us down today. FA cup is huge and they were poor !!! just really gutted. We didn't even give it a  go

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 08:18:05 PM »

Feel bad for not clapping the team at the end but it just didn't seem right clapping that performance. Also, if we've acquired a pacey striker/winger ahead of this game why on earth didn't we use him?! Especially when it was clear we lacked pace with Denham and Senior out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:20:25 PM by Loggerheads Robin »

markecky

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »

Feel bad for not clapping the team at the end but it just didn't seem right clapping that performance. Also, if we've acquired a pacey striker/winger ahead of this game why on earth didn't we use him?! Especially when it was clear we lacked pace with Denham and Senior out.

Bryan may not have played any football for a while so we don't know the picture on him.

Why would anyone clap that?  We were let down and embarassed.

This team has been great so far this season, today they were awful.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 08:24:33 PM »

I just wish I had stayed at home and watched the results on  Sky Sports or sometihing.

I feel robbed today, especially after having to buy a double whiskey!!!  ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 08:25:03 PM »

Also, if we've acquired a pacey striker/winger ahead of this game why on earth didn't we use him?!

What, and leave Lawton out?  ::)
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 08:25:21 PM »

Bryan may not have played any football for a while so we don't know the picture on him.

Why would anyone clap that?  We were let down and embarassed.

This team has been great so far this season, today they were awful.

Agreed.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »

Sorry but one person missing from the summing up was Kearney - woeful performance, took must of set pieces which were ineffective then gets sent off. When will we learn to deliver a corner properly or create something from a freekick.Densmore' s ability on a set piece has been sadly lacking. Not for the want of trying but because Kearney is the only player who seems to be given the set piecs, lets try somethng else. Also why no criticsm of Coburn who gift wrapped the second goal.

AltyIan

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »

i have never over rated robbie williams i think and have always thought hes as good as a bottle of p*ss

markecky

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »

i have never over rated robbie williams i think and have always thought hes as good as a bottle of p*ss

He is a 22 year old player learning his trade and earning less here than he did in the League of Wales.

Deserves a bit more respect than that

AltyIan

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »

He is a 22 year old player learning his trade and earning less here than he did in the League of Wales.

Deserves a bit more respect than that

i respect him for stepping in and doing a job,and obviously i know he's not making errors on purpose,  but he does not look like a footballer at all, its not his fault he's playing for our club i suppose. unfortunately i think playing against teams like mansfield and luton is just a step too high, he'll probably do a decent job against the likes of grays.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »

The only thing more shocking than the game was the newly unveiled electronic scoreboard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SHOCKING