News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sat and Barrow

Author Topic: Sat and Barrow  (Read 2345 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Sat and Barrow
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »

Positives in the first half was the passing on the ground, it was a pleasure to watch. I like the look of Crowell, quick, calm and a good passer. It was a shame he took an early knock. Kearney looked a good player but my concern is that he seems a bit slow. I was so glad to see Denham start but he needs to learn to chill out a bit and look up, he was a constant threat but end product was poor. He is a pure adrenaline player but he needs to lookup and pass at the right time, but saying that we missed him when he was subbed, even though it was not one of his best games he still had them worried and deserves a good string of games to settle.

The obvious concern is the left side, Jennings will be the one that got away but we need to sign a left sided midfielder. It is very early but it looks as if Clee is not up to this standard, unless he’s not fit. Lets hope it was just nerves which he can overcome, but he was lazy getting back and seemed to have little pace… please not another Peyton!!!. Young and Dale were immense. With the players we have I’d possibly start the same team but have senior left side to replace Danylyk ( out of position )and get Col up top. Any how, at times on Saturday it was a joy to watch considering 5 years back we struggled to put two passes together. Next two games will be tough, come on Alty !!!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sat and Barrow
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:47:30 PM »

Pretty much agree with the above, but for me we need a genuine left back. Doughty I feel is a left sided midfielder/left wing back not a left back. Jennings would have ideal, but I guess the search continues.

Barrow is going to be mighty tough and I can see Johnson playing on his own upfront.
Full time and proud of it

Nonleaguer

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »

Barrow will be an interesting test on Tuesday. The centre midfield pairing suited to match the physical demands would be Kearney/ Danylyk. Crowell if preferred will need to up his work rate and spend less time directing and more time grafting. I still feel that as last season we will suffer from a lack of effective goal threat. You can't fault Johnson and Senior for work rate but we need to put chances away. Clee needs to be given more time to settle in as he shows some good potential.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »

I was very impressed with Crowell yesterday. Had a real classy touch on the ball and always looked for a pass rather than hoof it up.

tottenham alty

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »

How did Denham play?

joe

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »

How did Denham play?

Lots of pace and beat his man several times but no end product. Chose to shoot on a few occasions instead of crossing to players in the middle.

ANDYT

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 06:17:13 PM »

denham could be the player to unlock things tomorrow night!

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »

Lots of pace and beat his man several times but no end product. Chose to shoot on a few occasions instead of crossing to players in the middle.

That's exactly right. A couple of the shots in the first half were plain silly. He did cause them a few problems though. I'm assuming he'll be up against Logan tomorrow? That being the case he'll find it difficult to do him for pace, he really will have to look up and make some intelligent passes and crosses.

ANDYT

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »

as long as we give him the ball to run down the wing with an either go himself or knock crosses in, we'll look dangerous
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sat and Barrow