News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester to start on -10 points

Author Topic: Chester to start on -10 points  (Read 1240 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »

Chester set to go into administration
May 15 2009 by Neil Turner, Liverpool Daily Post

Recommend
CHESTER City are on the verge of financial administration, and they are expected to officially make an announcement in the next 48 hours.

City have been teetering on the “financial precipice” for the past few months, and relegation from the Football League earlier this month put the final nail into the fiscal coffin.

Chester owner Stephen Vaughan said last night: “We have been considering our options for a number of weeks. I have taken a decision, and when that decision is publicly confirmed, I know people will understand that it was taken to safeguard the future and in the best interests of the club.”

City, who will play in the Blue Square Premier League next season, are likely to start the new campaign in August with a 10-point deduction.

Meanwhile, Chester are expected to officially announce their retained list today. It is understood youngsters James Owen and Lloyd Ellams will be offered first-year professional contracts, while City are taking up their options with out-of-contract players Glenn Rule and Shaun Kelly.

In another development Chester’s management have been in discussion with Stoke City about the availability of 19 year old goalkeeper Danzelle St Louis Hamilton.

The 6ft4in shot-stopper spent part of the season that has just concluded on loan with Bristol Rovers. Chester are hopeful he will be allowed to spend all of next season on loan at the Deva Stadium.

Longman

Re: Chester to start on -10 points
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »

Sad that another club's financial mismanagement has landed them in this situation, but we have to loook at it as a plus for ourselves and our chances of survival next season if it happens.

DAB @ ALTY

Re: Chester to start on -10 points
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »

Sad that another club's financial mismanagement has landed them in this situation, but we have to loook at it as a plus for ourselves and our chances of survival next season if it happens.

I can see where you are coming from but I think once again it is going to
make this league a laughing stock before the season even starts.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team