PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Summer signings
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Summer signings  (Read 6431 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Summer signings
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »

I honestly believe that if we can retain all our current squad and with everyone back to full fitness we might not even need to make any signings this summer.

Stuart Coburn is easily one of the top keepers at this level.

Our defence is as good as it's been for years.

We have some good options in midfield and with Tom Kearney back to full fitness that will take us back up a notch.

Our attacking options are also good and a fully fit Dale Johnson will only add to that.

It's important that we allow the current group to continue to gel and become an even more formidable outfit next season. Exciting times ahead!

Come on Alty!

markecky

Re: Summer signings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »

Agree with most of the above although I think a lot will depend on what Colin Little decides to do at the end of the season.

If he decides to hang up his boots it would free up some budget for new signings.  I hope that if he does we get to hear about it before the end of the season so we can give proper thanks to one of our most important players of the last 20 years.

Although that may just allow us to keep the same budget as this year due to not having that £20 or £30,000 donation from the Premier League.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »

A cultured midfielder and another effective 15 goal striker added to what we already have and we will be well in the promotion hunt

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »

A cultured midfielder and another effective 15 goal striker added to what we already have and we will be well in the promotion hunt

I think there was a lot of truth in a post on another thread which stated that John McAliskey may be a different proposition given the benefit of a full pre-season and improved fitness/sharpness.

Also, I am confident that Dale Johnson would increase the goal tallies of others around him.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »

Is that one that likes classical music and literature?

It would be a shame if Colin hung up his boots and I would like to see him kept on -  maybe if he has the time to coach some of the juniors. He would be a great influence on them as he is such a good pro.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »

Who do we currently have on a contract?

I'm pretty sure Colin would fancy another season rather than peter out through injury. My main concerns this summer are retaining Greg Young and Jamie Smith if I'm honest.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

I think there was a lot of truth in a post on another thread which stated that John McAliskey may be a different proposition given the benefit of a full pre-season and improved fitness/sharpness.

Also, I am confident that Dale Johnson would increase the goal tallies of others around him.
don't think mac will be here once dales back tbh

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »

don't think mac will be here once dales back tbh

If our budget can accommodate both I think it would be good to have the backup, but I see what you're saying.
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »

having seen crewes assistant manager there yesterday it furthers my fear we will have to lose some of our best player's  >:( I'd love to be wrong

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »

There were also representatives from Manchester City and Port Vale in the bar before and after the game.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »

There were also representatives from Manchester City and Port Vale in the bar before and after the game.

Without being negative about our current squad surely none of them are good enough for the premiership!??

jimbo

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »

i think col little will call it a day.he just hasnt looked to be enjoying it through this injury hit season.i hope he finishes the season with a couple of goals that may sway his discision.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »

Surely the guy from vale was watching luke prosser whos at kiddy on loan from vale

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »

Agree with most of the above although I think a lot will depend on what Colin Little decides to do at the end of the season.

If he decides to hang up his boots it would free up some budget for new signings.  I hope that if he does we get to hear about it before the end of the season so we can give proper thanks to one of our most important players of the last 20 years.

Although that may just allow us to keep the same budget as this year due to not having that £20 or £30,000 donation from the Premier League.

How true Mark one hell of a player
ParkINson's red and white army

Nonleaguer

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »

Unlikely to be watching Prosser who has already been told his contract will not be extended at end of this season. Lawrie who came on as sub is still a Vale player but is not immediatley in the eyes of Micky Adams. In fairness a move to Vale would hardly be a big step up for any of our players anyway.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Summer signings