News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Race Night

Author Topic: Race Night  (Read 1860 times)

Alty365

Race Night
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »

I have just read on the official site that the Race Night & Player of the Year Awards have been arranged for a Sunday night. I understand that the Saturday night would have been unfeasible due to the Weymouth game but I reckon takings could be affected by having it on a "school night". I would think people are going to spend less money at the bar knowing they'll be in work the next day and a lot of exiled fans will simply not be able to attend. Was it not possible to do it the Saturday night after the end of the season?

I would just like to emphasise that I'm not having a go at any of the organisers. I know a hell of a lot of hard work goes into putting this event on and it's always absolutely brilliant. I won't lie to you, part of my reason for querying this has been brought on by the disappointment of not being able to attend on a Sunday night, but I do genuinely believe bar takings and attendance could be badly affected too.

joe

Re: Race Night
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »

Quite alot of people staying in Weymouth for the weekend will also affect attendance due to not arriving back in Alty until late Sunday.

James Black

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:01:24 PM »

how about putting it on the following saturday. Then we can celebrate for the first time since been back in the Blue Square Premier by staying up without any other team or person having a say about anything r club has done wrong but hasn't.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:05:43 PM »

how about putting it on the following saturday.

Now why didn't I think of that?  ::)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:24:45 PM »

April 12th....our last home game of the season is being considered for this event!

markecky

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 11:27:56 PM »

I agree with the Saturday comments as well..I'd go to either but a Saturday would defo get a better turnout and a bigger bar spend.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »

April 12th....our last home game of the season is being considered for this event!

Excellent news!

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 11:36:58 PM »

I agree with the Saturday comments as well..I'd go to either but a Saturday would defo get a better turnout and a bigger bar spend.

Another advantage of having this on the evening after our last home game is that people are likely to stay on after the game for the race night. Word of mouth on the afternoon of the game always seems to bring extra people in.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Race Night