News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre season so far/yesterdays game

Author Topic: Pre season so far/yesterdays game  (Read 1187 times)

bumble

« on: July 24, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

Another good performance today. Clee's composure on the first was superb, last season that would have been in the stand. Twiss looked a lot better, he'll have more time to get shots off this season. The CB partnership was solid again.
 Clee's goal, and the shot that went for a corner (when he could have slotted Twiss in) gives me confidence that we're now willing to shoot outside the box!! If nicky, Damien And Michael along with another striker can find the net this season, then based on the last 3 performances, there should be no reason why we can't challenge for promotion

The attendance was 780, hopefully 8-10k was raised today, more importantly mark had a great day

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Pre season so far/yesterdays game
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »

The game itself yesterday was more evidence that this could be an exciting season. The way we calmly stroked the ball around our 18 yard box, Clee coming inside more often, Richman impressed me with his runs and making himself available whenever he could. Reeves, after being muted in the Burnley and City games, looked sharp and could had scored twice were they not cleared off the line. Twiss held the ball up well, and has been said, was tracking back for the ball. There is still the need for creativity in the midfield, with them needing to chip in with more goals this season.

I left yesterday feeling as optimistic and excited about a season as I have in a long while.

Trafford is where the countdown to the season really begins, where I could see most of our starting 11 on Tuesday being the 11 that will play at Harrogate.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team