News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 5491 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Yesterday
« on: October 30, 2016, 07:15:07 AM »

Having collected my thoughts on yesterday (went out of stupidity and a lack of anything else to do) this is what I thought:-
Deasy -had a poor game, the second goal went straight through his hands, did slightly better in the second half.
Goodhall - either that was deliberate (very worrying) or a very poorly attempted tackle after being well beaten for pace.  Miles away from being good enough, I don't know why we are seeming to think he is the glue that works either in midfield or defence.
McWilliams - had an off day worked hard
New Defender - looked very good and organised
Hall - looked poor, poor marking
Pattison - yet again MoM for us full of energy
Moult - something has happened can't find a pass in front of him
Richman - as always full of running
Lawire - out wide on the left - did not do enough to influence the game - looked a luxury on a sloping pitch
Miller - good until put up front
Marsh - not fit

Reeves - so what has he done?  either he's got a knock or he's said or done something to piss harvey off (potentially he might feel he doesnt work enough without the ball)- looked sharp when he came on.

Worcester were very very poor and we were worse.

Harvey - why not try 442 and wing backs or one up front just isnt working.
On the basis of today we need a CB, two CM and a decent forward to compliment reeves, we also need a right winger (unusually given its only year 4 of this) if you play miller on the right

Very sad times
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »

Bit puzzled that you rate Patterson MOM when John Laidlar has him at fault on the first two goals in his report. Or maybe the others really WERE that much worse !

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 08:25:29 AM »

That is probably because I was behind the attacking goal so didnt see what lead up to the goals, I'd defer to Mr Laidler who will have been on the half way line.  Thing is that makes almost all of them rubbish though so it doesnt help
simon
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »

Was the new defender any better ?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »

Interesting point you raise about Goodalls commitment, I have the same about Hannigan, after his needles red
Full time and proud of it

brinners

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »

I had the same thought re. Hannigan's commitment, but possibly the lazy challenge was just down to lack of match time. Patterson isn't a right back - he needs to be deployed much further up the field. In my humble opinion, a new right back is as much needed as a new midfield ball winner.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 09:51:10 AM »

Despite conference top ten neighbours macclesfield town Continually announcing they are "destitute" and people telling us there's not many players around at this time of the year. They signed three players on Friday. That has to be the sole aim this week,nothing else. I wouldn't sign Richie wellens salfords form went to sh*t after he was shoe horned in to there side. I'd be scouring the top half of this league and getting 7 days approach in on as many as we can afford that aren't on contracts. We keep being told things are healthy, so we should be offering better packages than clubs that attract similar crowds to what we get in the FA youth cup. And you can pour scorne in this all you want, but if we need a more physical forward, some nastiness, some cuteness, some team spirit and a lift in the dressing room I'd be on the phone to Kyle perry. Graham Heathcotes half time interview yesterday was bang on.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »

Bit puzzled that you rate Patterson MOM when John Laidlar has him at fault on the first two goals in his report. Or maybe the others really WERE that much worse !

I think it was Lawrie who lost the ball in the run up to the first goal.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »

I think it was Lawrie who lost the ball in the run up to the first goal.

....really....I'm staggered.....lawrie should be played behind a striker...never on the wing and told not to venture into our own half coz the number of times we concede 10 seconds after he loses possession just inside the half is amazing.....if he loses the ball centrally not as big a problem...on the wing and it gives a free run of space straight to goal

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »

Despite conference top ten neighbours macclesfield town Continually announcing they are "destitute" and people telling us there's not many players around at this time of the year. They signed three players on Friday. That has to be the sole aim this week,nothing else. I wouldn't sign Richie wellens salfords form went to sh*t after he was shoe horned in to there side. I'd be scouring the top half of this league and getting 7 days approach in on as many as we can afford that aren't on contracts. We keep being told things are healthy, so we should be offering better packages than clubs that attract similar crowds to what we get in the FA youth cup. And you can pour scorne in this all you want, but if we need a more physical forward, some nastiness, some cuteness, some team spirit and a lift in the dressing room I'd be on the phone to Kyle perry. Graham Heathcotes half time interview yesterday was bang on.

I think Kyle perry is exactly what we need. Bit of strength and more importantly a bit of energy around the place. Not a bad idea at all

York Alty is back

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 02:06:40 PM »

I think Kyle perry is exactly what we need. Bit of strength and more importantly a bit of energy around the place. Not a bad idea at all

Good call. I like that thought.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 02:15:10 PM »

It was Patterson at fault - Thomas was bringing the ball out of defence towards the wing and Patterson ran across him but knowed the ball too far forward effectively taking both of them out of the game on the wing and on the half way lne

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 06:30:38 PM »

JH says it was Patterson too, so looks like I got that one wrong. Apologies.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yesterday