PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wasting my money
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wasting my money  (Read 6362 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Wasting my money
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »

Seriously wasting my money and time. Absolutely no fight and they look defeated. How the hell haven't we got a centre mid in all season is shocking. When Lawrie is on top of his game then he can be a game changer, like the ball to Josh for the goal but he has too many bad games and very much drifts in and out so we have needed 3 centre mids for a long long time. I would start Rankine over Reeves, Reeves is not at all in form and Rankine is a better option. The only time Sinnott decides not to hoof the ball into the clouds we break and score. Sinnott to Lawrie and onto Josh. Last opportunity was wasted. Sinnott can throw it long so why didn't he take the throwin then have everyone in the box?Keep saying it but we can't do the simple things right. Our set pieces for years have been awful, we never do anything with them. I often feel we are worse off when the ref blows up. Windy day and no one wanted to test their keeper. No urgency and they should be ashamed. I am skint and debating whether I save the cost of watching these soft lads go down.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:12:24 PM by oneedham »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Wasting my money
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

Thought both sides cancelled each other out. Very even game

Seemed more organised defensively but the game was too flat at points and apart from a very good 15 minute spell I don't think we troubled them really.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »

In front of 1300 plus home fans,crowds have held up really well , shows potential.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:18:30 PM »

Results not gone out way today and we really needed to win and yet again didn't put in a performance which the lads can be proud of. Complete lack of passion and it appears some of the players couldn't care less if we got relegated. Us as fans deserve a lot better than what we are being shown each week!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »

Playing 3 centre mids also allows our full backs to overlap which they haven't done for weeks now. Griffin has been awful recently but his crosses early in the season were creating goals and chances. We've missed Clee and Densmore so much. Dens acts like a right winger aswell as full back. We had our best spell in the season when Rankine was up top and high wide players like Crowther  ( if he can ever keep fit ) and now would be Josh on the left. We had Moult protecting the back 4 and allowing Richman and another close and break. We are nowhere near good enough to play 4-4-1-1 because Lawrie still remains high up the park.

Bath Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 05:19:26 PM »

Clearly the negative attitude so prevalent on here isn't affecting the majority of game attending home fans.  That's got t be good news

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »

Yeah the crowds have been good but no premiership games. The club have done so well attracting all the young fans. I hope that they aren't being put off too early, one could be our future centre mid haha

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »

The trouble is, there isn't a lot of positives to take from that match today. It really was a bore. The crowd was terrific (whether it will hold up in Conference North I don't know), Scott did okay (though he was up against very little), Tim made one decent save, Jordan's one contribution led to the goal, Griff did much better against Rutherford than he did in the first game, Gino ran his socks off (poor kid) and...no, that's about it. If anyone can think of any other positives, feel free.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 05:59:01 PM »

We played that game like we were mid table and cruising towards the end of the season. Baffled by Josh O'Keefe's inclusion, he is as bad a midfielder as weve had in years. Yes Richman can't pass but atleast he runs and tackles. Too late for this season but we desperately need some leaders on that pitch that demand a certain level of play from their team mates. So many soft arse players that aren't prepared to dig in and battle. When are we going to see some bloody passion from this lot?
Also gets me that we have two players being paid as semi professional athletes that are 2 stone overweight. Rankine and griffin need to be told to lose some weight in the summer or find new clubs.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 06:17:18 PM »

94 minutes of mind-numbing mediocrity. I'd blame the tactics if only I could work out what they were. Oh how we need an experienced midfield organiser like their Gary Jones. Yes, I know he's knocking on a bit, but he ran that game for them without breaking sweat, just as he did at their place earlier in the season.

I'll be at Kiddy on Saturday, but it may be my last hurrah for the time being.

Bath Alty

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:05 PM »

I would join you next week Phil but I am away in Devon. Dad's not allowed to drive at the moment so he won't be there either.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 06:27:27 PM »

Thought they played better today than at Halifax, not hard, I know.  There was a bit more idea than of late (only a bit) but I find it very hard to see where a goal is going to come from.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »

Oh how we need an experienced midfield organiser like their Gary Jones. Yes, I know he's knocking on a bit, but he ran that game for them without breaking sweat, just as he did at their place earlier in the season.

He'd absolutely walk into our team. When you see how much better we were with Cavanagh and a bit before him Boshell, why a like for like replacement hasn't been the absolute top priority I've no idea.

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »

I would join you next week Phil but I am away in Devon. Dad's not allowed to drive at the moment so he won't be there either.

I trust your Dad is making good progress though ? Give him my best.

Bath Alty

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »

will do - he had some sort of seizure just before Christmas, there don't seem to be any after effects but as they don't know what caused it they don't want to risk him having another one behind the wheel so he's on a 12 month lay off.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wasting my money