PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bumper Crowd?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bumper Crowd?  (Read 6365 times)

Red N White Dynamite

Re: Bumper Crowd?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:48:37 PM »

there has been no shortage of time in which to plan such initiatives. We last played at home on 9th April. that gave the club three weeks to drum up local interest in the game. As of Monday there were still no posters up at the ground advertising the fixture (!!!) and presumably nowhere else around the town either.

In short, people aren't going to attend a game they don't know about, whether you let them in for free or charge them double.

baldrick

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »

Jimmy Hill      There is no financial loss caused by letting kids in free because they would not be there if they had to pay. There is also a possibility of them spending some money inside the ground. I just hope they don't run out of programmes before i get there due to non fans buying them all. That really narks me.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:05 PM »

Jimmy Hill      There is no financial loss caused by letting kids in free because they would not be there if they had to pay. There is also a possibility of them spending some money inside the ground. I just hope they don't run out of programmes before i get there due to non fans buying them all. That really narks me.

Well there would be a minimal loss due to those U16s that usually attend not having to pay.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

10Worth

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »

Well, it might be a bumper crowd if more people like me come down. I've not been down to Alty for a couple of years but am dead keen to come down and cheer them on to victory, and League survival, on Saturday.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 03:46:30 PM »

Well, it might be a bumper crowd if more people like me come down. I've not been down to Alty for a couple of years but am dead keen to come down and cheer them on to victory, and League survival, on Saturday.

Good on you mate! Try and bring a few mates along and enjoy your visit to Moss Lane!

fgrfan

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 05:04:12 PM »

do you guys run under 16s get in free schemes? they can be useful however you must make sure they work though by advertising them to local schools and so on otherwise it could be a hole in mr goodwins pocket.!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 05:36:50 PM »

Its not our fault if not everyone reads the Messenger but at least they are helping. I spoke to Connor yesterday and what he had planned for the Messenger build up sounded pretty good to me.

And WE as fans can publicise it. We as fans can offer our services to the club to help achieve a big gate. Rather than blaming people or wonder what has been done why don't we concentrate on doing things ourselves.

I have emailed various websites\papers\radios about the offer for children and IF I lived anywhere near Alty\Sale or surrounding areas I would be asking my local shops to put posters up for me.

I have emailed the MEN but you can not guarantee that they'll put anything in. I have also tried to have it put on Ceefax (yes people still read that)

Bath Alty

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 08:22:51 PM »

I think we will see a bigger crowd than usual.  We may not get many new fans coming but we should get just about every occassional fan turning up.  I am making the long trip North for the first time since the Exiles sponsored an FA Cup game a few years back and there may be others who need to make a special effort being upfor this one.

Hemel Dave

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 11:03:57 PM »

Talking of bumper crowds, good to see a healthy turn out at Northwich tonight - all 515 of them.

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »

Slade Green..I'm amazed no posters up around the ground...I'll have to have a scan at the Timperley metro noticeboard to see if a poster has gone up as it does week in week out by some hard working volunteer at the club....if not I am sure there is good reason..maybe Aldershot has been mis-spelt with an I on the posters?

In short, I'm sure the club have done what they thought they could and I'm sure the club could put forward a list of things we know not about (junior clubs alerted, free tickets given out interview with messenger etc)...asking the question what has been done and then answering it ourselves with an assumed answer "absolutly sod all" is a bit presumptuous?
Fans are rallying around telling their mates...your poster is up at Woodheys school and hopefully others are around the town now....good on you for putting your money where your mouth is incidentally.
The Mesenger will help but at the end of the day it is a struggle to get folk to come down...how many did we get to Stoke?
I'd expect a crowd of 1250 myself.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »

In short, I'm sure the club have done what they thought they could and I'm sure the club could put forward a list of things we know not about (junior clubs alerted, free tickets given out interview with messenger etc)...asking the question what has been done and then answering it ourselves with an assumed answer "absolutly sod all" is a bit presumptuous?
Fans are rallying around telling their mates...your poster is up at Woodheys school and hopefully others are around the town now....good on you for putting your money where your mouth is incidentally.
The Mesenger will help but at the end of the day it is a struggle to get folk to come down...how many did we get to Stoke?
I'd expect a crowd of 1250 myself.

Would hate to see you put a long post on here  :-X

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »

Slade Green..I'm amazed no posters up around the ground...

Not sure this has come from, when I was walking past the ground on Monday the match posters were up along with highlighting that under 14 get in free.

Me personally, without wanting to do an Accy, I still think we should walk a pig along the wall of the ground on matchdays like we used to, or deck it out in red and walk it through Alty. I'm sure a local butcher would sponsor it.

:D :D

Altysmiffy

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »

Someone handing out leaflets in town Saturday morning?

lukealty12

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 08:35:16 PM »

ill hand them out in alty before the game

bighairedmike

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 08:41:41 PM »

i would hand a load out saturday morning in the town centre and leave some in shopd for people to read. 1 thing: would i have to print loads off or does someone know of anywhere tht does decent photocopying?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bumper Crowd?